1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's on your workbench?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Waterfowler, Feb 16, 2010.

1. hambone

hambone Well-Known Member

Wingman that rooster and habitat are unequaled, excellant work, any chance of getting a close shot of that rooster.

2. outdoor memories

outdoor memories New Member

You guyhs are absolutely amazing . WOW .

Here are some almost finished birds , the redhead is done . anyways , sorry for the crappy pics . ( cell phone pics )
    [​IMG]

3. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Ohio
    I am so inspired to grab a bird and mount it every time I look at this thread... All I can say is wow! You guys are so full of talent and artistic flare. A few days ago the urge was just too strong so I threw this cool chicken together. It was full of pin feathers, but I doubt it would look any better if it was a perfect bird. I'm not good at birds, but I will never stop trying, lol Keep up the AWESOME work everyone, I need the inspiration :D

Attached Files:

4. babak

babak Active Member

X2
    AND GOOSE TOO

5. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

at least it looks like you ''threw'' that chicken in the right direction ,good job ,lot's of action ,,uh but where's the tail ,do you mount them seperate like a turkey?

6. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Ohio
    Thanks, the tail was ALL pin feathers ::)

7. TIM SCHLOSS

TIM SCHLOSS Member

SOME FINE LOOKING BIRDS. I SHOULD SAY LOTS OF FINE LOOKING BIRDS.

8. wings II

wings II New Member

Great work again this week...Ittybit, Wingman, Waterfowler (excellent Snow!), OM and Daniel all very nice to see your Bench Birds. :)

Rick, I wonder if folks realize how much TIME goes into a great piece like your Harli Pair!! I really like the action on the water surface and the color of the sidepockets matching the underwater scene. Great piece all the way around, Sir.

Well, had to get some Turkeys done and then found some time for a little Woodrow. 8)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. alexm

alexm New Member

Great woodie Bird works

10. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

nice work all. I love the base on that pair of Harlequins Rick RR GBirds

11. Ittybit

Ittybit Member

IL
    Thank you Bird Works...you know us woman always love a little attention...lol. I love your turkeys and woodduck

12. bird artist

bird artist New Member

Hey everyone, been a while since I've been on here, just mounted these ducks and figured I'd post them. I'm gonna go back and druel over some of these posted mounts now, lol.
    aaron

Attached Files:

13. wow lots of nice work guys... specially Rick, Birdworks and Bird Artist... i'm impressed :eek:

now, i haven't done much lately, here is some new birdies for me.
    when i got a call about 2 weeks ago from school i and they told me that they have some work for me, i thought it's again some lost time because i refused them 2 times ...but this this was not about teaching in the school but working at home for them and no kids to [email protected]#$ with my nerves...
    so here are first birdies for them, many more to come ;D

Attached Files:

14. i wish i could make them clean and smooth as snowy, peter or ludvik are doing them...but ...that's all i can for the momment

Attached Files:

15. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Mil

You can , just get rid of all thoose euro pins , and use just two 3 mm strips of a postcard , one one the schoulders and one at the end thats all i use no wtine no nothing, you ll get there mate

snowy

16. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Here is some more small crap , on me clean you no what ;D ;D ;D

Attached Files:

17. nina5150

nina5150 Well-Known Member

Snowhare...oooooo :eek:...u do some good work..

18. snowhare

snowhare New Member

IT IS NOT CLEANING IS IT EH

19. nina5150

nina5150 Well-Known Member

haha...i have a saying .."its not good if its not messy"...my area stays too clean and my work is not great...:(....but i will soooon be messy too..teehee..:)...and hope to get my birdies looking good like yours,taxos and ludvik....

20. hodx

hodx Herman Darr

no birds on bench...just a bunch of inverts(crabs,crabs,crabs)