1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's on your workbench?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Waterfowler, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Rick RR GBirds

Rick RR GBirds Let's go kill some birds...I'm psyched!

I always getted creaped out when people tie in Taxidermists and funeral parlors, but agree...Those are top notch Wolfgang!

2. take em

take em New Member

I did one for a funeral too. the bird was mounted several years ago.(So its not the best) But here is what it looked like.
    [​IMG]

3. SteveP

SteveP New Member

Wow! That has to be some kind of rush job! Funerals usually only give you a weeks notice, AT BEST!

How could you ever get them dry in time? Either way, those were very nicely done, Wolfgang and take'em.

4. SteveP

SteveP New Member

This group is for someone that has always supported my taxidermy habit since the late seventies. I hope it turns out. It's been a work in and out of progress for a couple years. I think I'm rounding the corner. ;)

front
    [​IMG]
    left side
    [​IMG]
    The habitat will attach to the oak wall mount in the background.

5. take em

take em New Member

SteveP The duck I mounted for him years ago. We just took it off the base that it was on and added it to the wreath. I only had one day to put something together. Here are some pics of the birds that have over run my shop. I NEED MORE WALL SPACE!!! I still have a freezer full of swans but have no more room for dry time. The goose was the biggest one I have taken in 14.9 lbs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

Thanks Becky!
    Rick it's kind of what we do only they do short term.
    Steve P. same here the 3 birds were slated for E-Bay sales later in the week so they were dry but no base work was done.
    It was an easy switch to the one plaque. I only had one afternoon to get them done and shipped out.
    Take Em nice group as well.

7. Easiest mount i've done in years, no extra sewing and it just fell into place.

[​IMG]

8. take em

take em New Member

Here is a Sora Rail that I did for the State. The poor little thing was ran over by a car, the head and beak was crushed. :'(

Attached Files:

9. TaxidermyJunky

TaxidermyJunky New Member

All of you guys AMAZE ME these birds look great. :D

10. wingman

wingman Active Member

Some nice birds on here lately! Lets see that finished pheasant piece Steve, Take em nice work, gsp nice redhead. Have not been taking many pics lately, camera is about to "die" and only takes pics on certain settings. I did manage to get a shot of the past couple birds, a Nene and a "weird" Canada.

Attached Files:

11. take em

take em New Member

wingman that is defiantly a different goose but never the less great work as always!!! thanks for the complements too

12. Sea Duck

Sea Duck New Member

33 year old pheasant with a minor tail problem.
    [​IMG]

13. ludvik

ludvik beginner taxidermist :-)

amazing works all!!!!!!!
    long time since i have posted somthing but that is becouse i dont have get time to do taxi stuff yet :'( :'(
    but today i get me some litle time to do some stuff again ;D ;D it taken a litle longer time that i had plan about then :D :D done 2 bird on a day ??? hmm day -night :)
    but it was some fun birds to mount but not the positure ::) i have some stupid friends :D :D

need a litle more grooming but that most be later today. :)

Attached Files:

14. ludvik

ludvik beginner taxidermist :-)

here is a litle lower taken photo to

Attached Files:

15. hop

hop Member

:eek: well well, mister Ludvik!
    how do you explane this pose to innocent little children??? :-X
    perhaps you'll tell them that one of these big chicken has had sand in her eyes, and the other one is pushing her gently back home 8) ?

16. taxidermycollector

taxidermycollector I am in Europe, sooo no need for Uncle Sam's regs

Or the one on the bottom has a flat tyre and is being pumped up

17. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

ludvik,

did you take the cock bird to experience a Three-some? :eek: ;) :D

nice mounts!

18. Peter Span

Peter Span Corvids, gotta catch them all!

Verrry nice pose Ole ;D, I think Lee will appreciate it too ;D

19. lee tees valley

lee tees valley tweety luvva.

;D ;D pretty cool ludvik 8) capers , copping off ;D ;)

20. guys stop talking crap... that's a perfect normal position and it's not indecent at all
    the lady has an itchy spot and mister caper is giving her a scratch 8)

very cool mount master ole ;)