1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's on your workbench?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Waterfowler, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Peter Span

Peter Span Corvids, gotta catch them all!

Ah finally them special puffin 8), wish I knew that friend too ;D

2. anyone knows where mister Francois is ??

3. Skua

Skua Member

Milo he is in france having hollydays ;)

4. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

puffin looks superb

5. daniel

daniel New Member

nice puffin skua im looking forward to one of your future birds you know the one with red eye,s ;) the best daniel

6. Waterfowler

Waterfowler New Member

Finally got some time for another bird......
    [​IMG]

7. Sea Duck

Sea Duck New Member

No birds tonight but some real nice fox.
    [​IMG]

8. Customer woodie. I love when a customer brings in a good specimen. :)
    [​IMG]

9. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

nice one Skua, on a nice piece of wood aswell ;) :D!

tell me, is that a Nothern Loon feather I see in the background ???

10. Skua

Skua Member

it is ;D i have to put it on the bird again ::)

11. hop

hop Member

you're caught!!! ;D

12. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

super nice widgeon and drake woodie ,waterfowler and mrn ,,question are puffins greasy as say a park fed mallard ??

13. Skua

Skua Member

yes they are 8) ask daniel he is the puffin master ;D

14. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

No taxidermy on my workbench today. Just some beards and spurs that are all I could salvage after something got into my turkieys last night and wiped out most of my breeders and almost half of my youngsters.
    This area is going to be a war zone for the next few days, I suspect.

15. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

Here are a couple from my bench I will add one more to the Black mandible tomorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. BeckyBird

BeckyBird My Baby Bluebirds

Sorry to hear about your loss Nancy. We recently had a dog attack here, and I lost 20 chickens. I thought my pens were secure, but I guess not good enough. Some of the chickens were my pets, over 4 years old. Some were breeders that I hatched myself, from shipped eggs. They were all very special, as I'm sure your turkeys are to you. I hope you can find whatever animal is responsible for this.

17. wa

wa Thanks John...this depicts me better

What is it this year??
    33- from a 2 day mink before I got her. Killed just to kill (mink are the DEVIL)
    I will take a pic on my workbench and put it on here

18. wingman

wingman Active Member

VERY cool Mike! Paint job on the lower bird is impressive. I am making a "toucrow" might need use these pics as a "reference". Are the tails longer on crows than toucans? Look to be. Nancy and Wa, Raising birds is enjoyable until the day the flock has an "intruder" I think we all experience it at some time SUCKS!, It is amazing how focused you get to "catch the Bas**** that kills your birds. Here's a pic of my "intruder" almost a year ago to the day. No problems since! LOL

Attached Files:

19. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

I haven't caught mine yet, but I did spend quite a bit of time yesterday getting acquainted with the .22 rifle that I have owned for, oh ... about 30 years or more. (inherited) I think I fired it ONCE back in the 70s, just to see if it worked. Anyway, 'turns out that that a Remington 581 is pretty close to being a collectible nowadays. LOL! I guess that's what happens when you get old and keep the same stuff you've always had. Oh well, as long as it shoots I don't care.

20. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

Redhead with a long and narrow bill, and a sloped forehead, although you can't tell with the puffy doo.

Attached Files: