1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's on your workbench?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Waterfowler, Feb 16, 2010.

1. NWWINGS

NWWINGS Member

Oregon
    I snapped a quick shot of a blue goose I just put together. I thought I'd add to the thread to keep it lively. Great shop pics so far.
    [​IMG]

2. featherworks

featherworks New Member

Nice Pat, love the pose. Glad to see you gave up a little time from shooting geese to mount one. Your pics on 'ducks of the year' are killing me. I would love to have one of those tiny canadas!!!

Phil

3. wingman

wingman Active Member

Nice workshots everyone!! Heres a PINNY MT swan I did a couple weeks ago, I am sure it lost as many feathers as it kept LOL.

Attached Files:

4. Waterfowler

Waterfowler New Member

Another wigeon down.... still gotta lotta base work to do on the whole piece. Critiques welcome.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. bowhunter444

bowhunter444 New Member

NJ
    Pheasant I did yesterday and the habitat for it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Really like the Blue Goose!

7. Nice pheasant, I did 2 yesterday also one flying and 1 standing. Great work guys.

Brandon

8. wings II

wings II New Member

Today's Project :)
    [​IMG]

9. wingman

wingman Active Member

Nice woodie matt! Its nice to see some different people posting up thier work to! Lotsa individual with tons of talent out there. heres my four for today, I dont do that many a day often BUT have had a bad start to my week and needed to "catch up" on this wholesale shipment. :)

Attached Files:

10. featherworks

featherworks New Member

Nice woodro Matt. Wingman, those are some good lookin 'Ditch Chickens'. Ok, Matt... is that Ero-Pin stuck in a set of rattlesnake buttons? Just had to ask ;D

Phil

11. daniel

daniel New Member

hey wingman i like the budgies in the background they look so real great job ;D ;D the best daniel

12. NWWINGS

NWWINGS Member

Oregon
    A couple more from my mess...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. wingman

wingman Active Member

Those are goodlookin flyers Pat, looks like your studio is in the garage?

14. NWWINGS

NWWINGS Member

Oregon
    My "studio" :D :D :D... That's funny. The garage part is right. The rest of my work area flows over into the house...hahaha. Its a real mess. I dream of one day actually having a real shop like you've got Eugene. That place is REALLY nice looking. Thanks for the kind words on the flyers. Its amazing I actually get things done in my limited space, but I have gotten by so far. When it comes time to do several turkeys or big geese I run out of room very quickly.

15. wings II

wings II New Member

Phil, I had to mount deer, predators, fish and snakes for quite a few years while I built up a Birds Only business. I have a wholesale account holder from way back that still sends me snakes with batches of birds as he is deathly afraid of them. I still do them as it's a nice diversion for a day or two every once in a while ... and they make me want to get back to the feathered stuff quickly. :) That rattle in the pic goes on a diamondback that I have to mount sometime this next month for him.
    [​IMG]

16. feather2009

feather2009 Member

I Realized I'm starting to run out of wall space ha ha

Attached Files:

17. feather2009

feather2009 Member

more

Attached Files:

18. RMW

RMW New Member

Wingman,

Post a photo of that sharpie when its done! (im a sharpie guy so I like seeing them. Got about 7 from last fall to do yet)

19. featherworks

featherworks New Member

IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME IN SOUTH MISSISSIPPI ;D ;D ;D

One of my better clients from NY sent me 16 birds today and these 7 seven he gifted to me. I don't get much chance to get true Blacks, Goldeneyes, or Oldsquaws in the cypress lakes I hunt. I can't wait to do these. ;D

[​IMG]

20. I love that when clients do that.looks like a nice goldeneye. Have fun