1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's on your workbench?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Waterfowler, Feb 16, 2010.

1. wings II

wings II New Member

...a wall shot....hurry up an dry....Daycare is due again dammit :D
    [​IMG]

2. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

Paint? Now that would be cheating right? LOL! I thought about doing that but you know I won't let it get the best of me. Keep picking at them until I am stressed and accept the way they are. I had a spare morning and was anxious to get him done or he may have stayed in the freezer indefinitely as well.
    BW Outstanding work. I know what you mean on drying time. We have been hot and humid here for a while and drying has slowed down to a crawl.

3. wingman

wingman Active Member

Hers a couple quick pics. One today's two Ross geese, still working on the other, and a "repair" job on an eagle out of my child's classroom. You think it looks bad now you should have seen it beforehand LOL Broken and in shambles. The person mounting it years ago used green floral foam for the body and pink fiberglass insulation for necking, I should have taken pics.

Attached Files:

4. cinnaman

cinnaman New Member

Wingman , that Ross' looks pretty good, I kinda like the mallards you posted earlier as well!!
    They look familiar.

5. stuffinducks

stuffinducks New Member

Yep,

Here is my tip of the week. A little bit of latex caulk in those areas. Once put together or basic pose, back rack feathers and then start forward of the feather groups, and shape/press towards the body. You might haft use the tweezers a bit, but that usually does it for me.

Good looking bird! Now I just need Bird Works to gift me that King he says he has. ::)

SD

6. MRN

MRN Member

Love that Ross Eugene. You always have great "action" poses! Head to neck transition is right on.

7. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

X2....very nice!

Birdworks, not having time to get to your birds is a good problem to have!

8. wingman

wingman Active Member

Very Good! Give me a jingle sometime and I will get these on their way to you. Thanks for the kind remarks. MRN I REALLY enjoy your work, Very talented I "grew up" in Wis. I am sure if we talked you would be surprised at who we both know LOL I left Wis, in 87 for Alaska But my Taxidermy "roots" were set with many great Taxi's in Wis. Take care!

9. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

Where abouts in WI did you grow up wingman? Born and raised myself!

10. wingman

wingman Active Member

I grew up near Portage. Was "tutored and mentored" By Jim Fredrick, Gary/Wendy Senk Etc. Etc..... was active in the WTA from 83 till 87 or so until I moved to Alaska. Where are you at?

11. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

I am in northern WI a little town called Gleason but went to school in Berlin. My kids both live in Portage right now and my son goes to college at UWO.
    Small world!

12. wingman

wingman Active Member

Brian, It truly is a small world. I lived in Eagle River and Minoqua Wis Working for a museum back in 86-87 Is that near where your at?

13. DDavis

DDavis Active Member

Brian , I like those pintails

14. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

Eagle River is about 30 miles from here about the same for Minoqua. You still have family in the portage area?
    Thanks! Still something bothers me about those Pintails though.

15. franchi612

franchi612 New Member

Live outside of Portage myself! You would probably be surprised how little things have changed in 20 years lol.

16. alexm

alexm New Member

Heres mine toughest bird I ever did electrocuted hole side and front of leg blown out hence standing on one foot . nice work every one .
    Alex.

Attached Files:

17. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

Amazing as always Alex. Love that eagle. Lucky Canadians :) I would love the chance to work on birds of prey.

18. wingman

wingman Active Member

DAMN Alex that eagle is SMOKIN' Amazing job with the condition it was in!!

19. stuffinducks

stuffinducks New Member

Alex,

Great birds! :)

20. hodx

hodx Herman Darr

something...can't see with all the other stuff in the way

that eagle is smoking