1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's on your workbench?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Waterfowler, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Sea Duck

Sea Duck New Member

Dinner is on my workbench, these two had a fight to see who was eaten. It was such a close fight I decided to eat both![​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. daniel

daniel New Member

alex.alex.alex. need i say more those birds are fantastic you are a very talented person i wish you the best daniel :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ;) THAT EAGLE SHOULD DEFINETLY BE THE ..WHAT,S ON YOUR WORK BENCH OF THE WEEK ... ;D ;D

3. Great birds guys!! I never get tired of looking at all the talented taxi guys on here. Number one thread in my opinion!!

4. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

Alex Excellent as usual I envy you guys that get to work on raptors.
    Those crab look better when they are orange! tasty to I imagine.

5. nate

nate Active Member

As always Alex, AMAZING!!!

6. alexm

alexm New Member

Here's tomorrow those crabs look great told the girl friend I was going to work on some tail hope she under stood ;) . Thanks for all the comments :)
    Alex M,

Attached Files:

7. wingman

wingman Active Member

Nice Tail Alex!Seaduck Thats MY kinda Meal right there LOL. Heres was a project I pulled out at the end of the day for myself Talk about 2 1/2 hours of pure "joy" LOL A white-winged dove from my friend Eric, AAR Thanks Guy! As usual this bird was in my freezer for the past almost 4 years First dove I have done in a LONG time. wont have much to post up till next week as I need to do the finishwork on 38 birds before I start this months "batches" UGH!! I HATE finishwork :(

Attached Files:

8. nice birds guys. eugene, whats your tumbling/ drying method on the doves? potatoe starch? ive got three whitewings to do and boy am i dreading them...........

9. wingman

wingman Active Member

Blake, It actually mounted up OK. Don't "dread" them LOL. as you skin them apply borax liberally. This includes stuffing the mouth with borax before inverting the head, If possible just spot wash and fluff in PS. If the skin needs to be completely washed use tide w/downy in small quantity, soak in FRESH gas and then "fluff" in PS it truly does work well.

10. Looks badass Eugene! You going to tackle the white tipped next? that would be something most have never seen. Great work on a bird that is like a bad bad dream to work on.

Eric

11. alexm

alexm New Member

Wing man GREAT job on the dove Stunning :eek:,glad it was you and not me I'll send you every one I ever get ;)
    well time to start skinning .
    Alex M

12. ok, thats what i thought bout the ps.cant seem find it around here so far.

13. hop

hop Member

did a pernis apivorus yesterday.
    young bird, met a car and didn't reach her first birthday :'(

Attached Files:

14. daniel

daniel New Member

very nice mr hop :eek: the best daniel

15. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

nice natural pose

16. alexm

alexm New Member

Here's one for today The dog took off the back of the neck.
    Alex

Attached Files:

17. daniel

daniel New Member

the dog took off the back of the neck ??? ??? still looks great alex nice bird the best daniel ;) ;) 8)

18. nate

nate Active Member

This guy was one of my avairy birds, but after killing one of my widgeons and nearly killing one of my pintails. I decided that he had to go! Hes a little more managable now! ;D
    [​IMG]

19. hambone

hambone Well-Known Member

Thats a nice natural pose Nate, one you don't normally see good job.

20. stuffinducks

stuffinducks New Member

Nate,

Love the action on that one! You do some awesome work my friend.

SD