1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's on your workbench?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Waterfowler, Feb 16, 2010.

1. wingman

wingman Active Member

Bobby, I use 3M Scotch brand in 2" and 1" widths, I have had no "stick to" issues nor had it leave any residue, even after being on my personal "unfinished" birds for over 8 years LOL. I have cases of the stuff ;) :D

2. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

Nearly all of the ocellateds that I recieve are missing some feathers, and many of them are missing large tracts.
    Good thing I have spares.

Attached Files:

3. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

Rump

Attached Files:

4. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

After repairs. I think it still needs some more feathers. The bad side towards the wall.

Attached Files:

5. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

The "good" side forward, or I should say "the lesser of two evils side forward"
    This side was missing nearly all the scapuilars as well as other wing feathers, and a few breast feathers also.

Attached Files:

6. full fan

full fan New Member

Got to love those kind of birds. I have a few Eastern turkeys that I'm going to have to replace some feathers on. Glade I have a few extra skins. ;D

7. bowhunter444

bowhunter444 New Member

NJ
    My first attempt at a goose. Blue phase snow goose

[​IMG]

8. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

My Lord Glasseye those are some big bald spots, great job on the salvage.

Finally pulled some birds out of the back to snap some pictures to play with you all, this is one of my favorite threads, Matt your my hero....good job and I wish you would mount a few more cause I still see a bare spot or two on that wall.

Eugene you worked wonders on my Nemises birds THE PINNY EARLY SAGE...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Here are a few

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. jeremy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. jeremy

And todays project, i can see form the picture i have soem more grooming.... ::)

[​IMG]

11. wingman

wingman Active Member

NICE WORK Jeremy!!!! I really like the turk and thats a Great Can! I put together a turkey today myself just is flying instead of strutting, Yours looks GREAT!

12. nate

nate Active Member

Jeremy, I think your can is about spot on!! Lolve the flying pintail as well!!

13. great job on the can Jeremy. The only thing I see wrong with him is that he's not on my workbench.

Bobby

14. NWWINGS

NWWINGS Member

Oregon
    I attempted a save or better described as a patchwork job on a bandtail pigeon. I just shot four the last couple of days and destroyed each one in its own way. Pinfeathers, shot damage, and big patches of plumage blown out on impact made things harder than I wanted. I had to test myself though. This was a combination of two skins and it still has lots of issues. Cell phone pic. Sorry about the quality.

[​IMG]

15. MRN

MRN Member

Worked on a deer head all day today, but since I'll be shooting woodies soon, I'm studying "Live Reference" now LOL ;D
    [​IMG]

16. wingman

wingman Active Member

Damn Pat that bandtailed looks great for what you had to work with! Mike that woodie sure looks better than the last pic you posted of him Kinda neat to see him feather out, I need to try to catch up with you again, been crazy here lately!

17. MRN

MRN Member

Ya Eugene, he is starting to plume out a litte more each day. I'ts neat to see. Hope to talk to ya soon.

18. wingman

wingman Active Member

Well Im done for the week, Off to "play" with the family in the Mountains :) Probably the last trip of the year on the water with the Pontoon boat..... Winters coming. :( Heres my "shopshot" for the week.

Attached Files:

19. daniel

daniel New Member

[​IMG] one ive been working on the best daniel ;)

20. robolson

robolson www.frozeninflight.com

Pat, even though you said it was a bad specimen, I really like the whole attitude and general pose on that pigeon. You really captured the essence of the species! Here are some study views of a plain ole female English House Sparrow on which I practiced recently. He was my first flying "stiffy" attempt.

Attached Files: