1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

YOX a thon IV new post

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by antlerman, Feb 16, 2010.

1. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

At this time I am happy to announce that Bill has agree to a round 4 at my shop here in Illinois. Attentively the dates will be in April. The exact days are not sure yet, but we are currently thinking the 9, 10, & 11.

We will start now by putting names on a list. If there is at least 5 people interested in coming, we will have the class.

There has been some questions concerning if it is mandatory to bring a mounted head. No it is not. That was just an added bonus for those who want to do it. If you are flying in and this would create a hardship, not to worry. You will still see Bill paint and will get the same education, just you won't have a head to paint yourself. No big deal.

What you will need however is a tanned cape and a set of antlers. I do have some replica's available for those who would wish to purchase them.

Our GREAT sponsors are taking care of everything else you need. Thank You again; WASCO, McKENZIE, AVES, & OHIO TAXIDERMY SUPPLY. You guys are GREAT.

So, use this post to add your name to the list. When enough people are signed up and show interest we will start finalizing more details.

2. jmj

jmj Member

As of now those dates work for me antlerman. And hopefully my archery capes will be back by then. Got them back 1st week in jan. last year must be a little busier this year. Sent them out before rifle season here in PA.

3. is round 3 all filled up?

4. What is the cost. I would be interested

5. I believe its a 1000bucks for three days, with a 500 buck deposit.

6. nevermind on if yox a thon is full for round three, just saw it was. hope to get into one. being a full time firefighter its hard to make sure I can get those dates covered if Iam on duty.

7. any chance on having something like this closer to the east coast?

8. Iam thinking I'd be interested in round 4. Maybe by then I could find a tanned cape :) or have mine back from the tannery.
    Dennis

9. antlerman

I'm sure there could be if a host shop is interested. Shop has to be able to accommodate the students with stands and space.

10. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

as long as my sons navy graduation isn't around the same time, you can tentatively pencil me in too.

11. antlerman

jmj and dj, and Bobbi got you on the list.

12. Bobbi Meyer

Thanks!

13. a7d1

a7d1 New Member

I'd love it if somewhere close to the East coast could be accomplished. I would definitely make myself available.

14. antlerman

Room for 3 more. Can take 6 but have to have a min. of 5

Please be serious though if you want your name added to the list.

Thanks.

15. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Folks I'm in round 3 don't let distance make your decision. round trip from Elmira NY to ST Louis is only $185.00 you cant waste driving time for that!

16. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

I had to buy new shocks and some front end work for the truck with my "Yox" money. ::) :(

17. Weis5

Weis5 New Member

If the date could be moved back a week it could work, but if not maybe a Yox V.

18. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

Re: YOX a thon IV new post

you must have one sweet truck.....lol

19. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Tim, I had a couple of people ask if the following weekend might work better. Im not too sure that weekend works so well for me and my schedule now either. What do you students who are trying to schedule this think? Lets hammer this down! 8)

20. Bobbi Meyer

my only problem right now would be the navy graduation thing....the time is gonna be right around the same time as the yoxathon...I guess if I had to, I can always do the KC one...which is probably actually closer! LOL