1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Michigan Taxidermist Association 2007

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

March 14th through 18th, 2007
    The 25th Annual Michigan Taxidermist Association Convention & Competition
    DeVos Place Convention Center, Grand Rapids, MI
    Contact <A HREF="mailto:D[email protected]">Scott Derenski</A> at (989) 365-3992, <A HREF="mailto:p[email protected]">Ken Onken</A> at (269) 561-5014, or <A HREF="http://www.michigantaxidermist.com/">visit the MTA website</A>.

2. Warren Stutesman

Warren Stutesman New Member

This will be our 25th anniversary so ya"ll come and have a great time. We have more info on our web site or contact me or another board member and will get you more info.

3. Dawn

Dawn Proud Members of the Mich Taxidermist Assoc

This years judges are as follows:

Professional/Masters Division

GameHeads: Lou Gagliano and Jody Green
    Mammals: Ken Walker
    Birds: Tony Finazzo
    Fish: Rick Krane

On Friday Night we have family night. This years theme is Mardi Gras. Saturday Night is the banquet. This years theme will be formal in celebration of our 25th anniversary.

Come and help us make it a spectacular event!

Check out the website for more details.
    www.michigantaxidermist.com

4. Dawn

Letter from the
    Vice President

First I would like to begin by saying that I have enjoyed being your Vice President for the past year. I have truly enjoyed working with President Onken and the fine people on the board. This year President Onken will be stepping down after many years of great service to the MTA.

After much consideration I have decided to run for the office of President. Prior to being elected to the Vice President position I was on the MTA board for several years. I have wanted to be a part of this great association since the first day that I signed up as a member. After a couple of years sitting back and enjoying what the association had to offer I decided it was time for me to stand up and put in my time. I have had the privilege of working with some great past presidents, and board members and I have learned so much from those who came before me. I look forward to keeping their dreams alive while bringing some new ones to our growing organization.

I have enjoyed getting to know everyone of you over the past several years and I look forward to meeting all of the new members. I hope I can count on your support.

Until then, I will fullfill my duties as Vice President and Competition Chairman to the best of my ability. If any of you have any questions or comments for me please feel free to call me 989-365-3992. I will help you in anyway I possibly can.

I cannot wait to see you all at the show in March!

Until then - Keep mounting!

Scott Derenski

5. Dawn

Hello! My name is Warren Stutesman. Friends call me Toad. I am writing to let you all know that I am running for the MTA board again this year.
    I live in Mio, MI. with my wife Kimberly (Kim) and my three boys Zebulon, Caleb and Nathanael.
    I have served on the board a couple of times and feel that I still have more to give to this association.
    I have been a taxidermist for seven years now and enjoy the comradery of the MTA.
    I am asking for your support when we vote in our new board and officers this year at our annual convention.
    Thank You, Warren Stutesman

6. Dawn

Sculpting Class with Joe Kish at the Michigan Convention in March.

Sculpting class with Joe Kish.

Here is a chance to learn from one of the best sculptors in the taxidermy
    industry. Joe has taught many of the best sculptors in the industry
    including Michigan's own Jan VanHoesen.

The MTA will host a one day sculpting class with Joe Kish. You will be
    sculpting a whitetail head on a cast of a whitetail skull. If you wish you
    can bring your own deer skull and sculpt over that instead.

Class will be Friday, March 16th from 8:am till 5:pm during our
    convention.

Costs for attending this class will be 100 dollars plus cost of supplies you will need for the class. The cast
    skulls are 5.00 dollars each and you will need a set of eyes, two pounds
    of # 1 Roma clay and assorted tools.

You have to be a member of the MTA and have paid either the 60 dollar
    convention fee or 25 dollar one day attendance fee to attend this workshop as well.
    You will be able to purchase the cast skull and clay in the room the day of the
    class once you pre-register.

You will have to supply your own tools you will be working with.

Anyone wanting to get in on this GREAT opportunity call Jean Roll at
    517-468-3950. Jean will answer your questions and mail you a list of materials you
    will need for the class. Jean will also be putting in a order shortly for supplies and if you wish to have her order them for you to save some on shipping please call her immediately.

Because of prior judging committments by Jean Roll at other conventions she will be out of town on several occassions prior to our show. If you are not able to contact Jean please call Dawn Derenski (Secretary) at 989-365-3992 or email me at [email protected] Jean will be forwarding the information to me so that I can assist you while she is out of town.

Don't miss out on this great seminar.

See you in March.
    Dawn & Jean

7. Re: Sculpting Class with Joe Kish at the Michigan Convention in March.

Dawn,
    Say ,hi to my old friend Joe Kish. Wish I lived closer to you guys. He is a great sculpting teacher. Hope to see you guys at the World Show.
    Your friend,
    Harry

8. Dawn

Michigan Convention Reminder: Joe Kish Seminar sign up requested

The MTA will host a one day sculpting class with Joe Kish. You will be
    sculpting a whitetail head on a cast of a whitetail skull. If you wish you
    can bring your own deer skull and sculpt over that instead.

Class will be Friday, March 16th from 8:am till 5:pm during our
    convention.

Costs for attending this class will be 100 dollars plus cost of supplies you will need for the class. The cast
    skulls are 5.00 dollars each and you will need a set of eyes, two pounds
    of # 1 Roma clay and assorted tools.

You have to be a member of the MTA and have paid either the 60 dollar
    convention fee or 25 dollar one day attendance fee to attend this workshop as well.
    You will be able to purchase the cast skull and clay in the room the day of the
    class once you pre-register.

You will have to supply your own tools you will be working with.

Anyone wanting to get in on this GREAT opportunity call Jean Roll at
    517-468-3950. Jean will answer your questions and mail you a list of materials you
    will need for the class. Jean will also be putting in a order shortly for supplies and if you wish to have her order them for you to save some on shipping please call her immediately.

Because of prior judging committments by Jean Roll at other conventions she will be out of town on several occassions prior to our show. If you are not able to contact Jean please call Dawn Derenski (Secretary) at 989-365-3992 or email me at [email protected] Jean will be forwarding the information to me so that I can assist you while she is out of town.

Don't miss out on this great seminar.

See you in March.
    Dawn & Jean

9. LenWoods

LenWoods New Member

Michigan Convention

I have booked a room at the Amway with 2 queen beds. Anyone interested in splitting the cost?

10. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Re: Michigan Convention

Len, glad to hear you will be at the show this year. Ron Cumming from Manchester is also looking for someone to share a room. I'm not sure how many nights he is planning on staying.

See you in a few short weeks.

Joe Miles

11. LenWoods

LenWoods New Member

Re: Michigan Convention

Hey Joe, yeah glad to be back. Larry gave me Ron's number. He still isnt sure what he is doing yet. So im still looking. Im hoping to find someone that is going for the whole time. Should be a great show.
    Len