1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Attention ALL NTA members......your board has actually made a descision

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by michael p., Feb 20, 2010.

1. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

As of today due to a descision made in executive session by the NTA board of Directors at the winter board meeting, I Michael P. Schlabach, because of my comments and opinions about the NTA on the Taxidermy.net have been banned from renewing my NTA membership in the future.

One down and how many more to go until they have only "team players" and "yes" men and women only in the association. Who will be kicked out or banned from the NTA next because of their dissenting voice concerning the present situation.

If you truly value your NTA membership or want to join the association, please keep your mouth shut and agree. Do not get on the bad side or voice concern because you may rile John Janelli, Joel Edwards, RJ Simington or Archie Phillips. Keep your mouth shut and follow.

What a beautiful association we have. Last year they ask you to co-host a seminar & this year they use you as a distraction from their financial improprieties.

Remember Taxidermist's.....if you don't want to be BANNED from renewing your NTA membership......SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!

Sincerely, former NTA member who will not be allowed to renew his membership due to the boards descision, Michael P. Schlabach

Wanna know the real irony here though....John Janelli.......a man once banished from the NTA now sits in judgement making descisions ;)

Isoroku Yamamoto commented on December 7, 1941 "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." Remember that quote :)

2. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

That's a hell of a note! I haven't been a member in years and planed on joining and attending this year, but looks like the more things change the more they stay the same! sounds like my workplace... comments and opinions are not acceptable! until stuff breaks down and they cant get it up and running. then I'm outta both!

3. Jim Kimball

Jim Kimball New Member

Well isn't that a kick in the .......... :)

Tell me Michael..... Did your momma have to tell you to make your bed this mornin...

4. Now the party's started!

5. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

sounds like NTA, No Talking Association

6. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

I volunter to be banned! Not really necessary though, I wouldnt join if they paid you $50..

7. taxi_grl_ga

taxi_grl_ga Active Member

i'm not renewing my membership. I had to join last year to go to the scat show and I let it lapse. now i'm glad.

8. I was sitting on the fence abuut joining. I was hoping they were going to be going in a new direction. Now I won't join an organization that bans folks for differing opinions. Joel, sorry you guys just lost a potential member.

Bruce Norton

9. cflwrs

cflwrs Member

I'm new to the taxidermy industry but you don't have to worry about me wasting 50.00 on a membership to the NTA, I'll spend my money to join the UTA. Thanks Michael for showing us what the NTA doesn't do for it's members.

10. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

I actually find that very funny. I guess your not going to get nominated for a board position now LOL

11. Tricia

Tricia New Member

I do NOT believe! Did they realise that they might have given you the boot, but they didn't duct tape your mouth? OMG If they thought they had a PR problem before...look out for the PR nightmare to come. And it didn't take more than banning one person with opinions and not afraid to voice them. What? We're supposed to be the taxidermy equivalent of a Stepford Wife? **** that!

12. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Hey Psycho, cancel my reservation on your couch that weekend. I have decided not to attend the NTA convention in Springfield. I am so glad on the state level here in MO we do not do business in a similar manner. I used to have problems with the way things were done in our association, and voiced my opinions about them. Instead of banning me, I was elected to the board and with the help of a few friends have implemented some changes and our association, and now it's much better for everyone. Feel free to join us Mike, we'll welcome you w/ open arms.

13. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

Mike- You didn't really want to be a member of a club that would have you as a member anyway, did you?

14. Can you say "opened up a can of worms"??????

15. Why was John Janelli once banned from the NTA?

16. SR1

SR1 Divorces cost so much cause they are worth it!!!!!

WNY
    Well I for one will not be joining their "special club" EVER if thats how they treat people with a voice.

17. shammy

shammy New Member

MP, You have got to be kiddin me---right. That is really alarming.

18. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

really its not. they had the same issues and attitude at times in the 80's and 90's

19. jtcjr

jtcjr Member

NC
    NTA must be a bunch of communist . I thought here in America we had what is called freedom of speech. NTA is going against our first amendment rights . Another lost potential member,glad NCTA does not require you to be a member of NTA. Taxinetters your all welcome to NCTA shows without joining NTA.

20. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Michael, you can't tell me you are surprised about this ? Not meaning your actions either. Hell , come to the Ohio show, we will welcome you !!