1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Attention ALL NTA members......your board has actually made a descision

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by michael p., Feb 20, 2010.

1. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

why would you not take up an offer on a FREE audit, unless someone has something to hide, or the person keeping the books is completely inept?

2. SR1

SR1 Divorces cost so much cause they are worth it!!!!!

WNY
    This pic sums it up.
    [​IMG]

3. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

or how bout this one?

Attached Files:

4. I believe we need a National organization. But we need one that has the interests of the taxidermy trade and all those nationwide that perform this work at heart. Many here have stated in posts they do not want the NTA to fail. Well, I don't particularly want the NTA to fail either...BUT... when an organization is rotten at the core and it appears this will NEVER change....let the fruit fall from the tree and die.

Anyone that does this work seriously should first and foremost support their STATE organizations. If the NTA fails......it fails. You can't save, no matter how noble you efforts, something that will not accept help.

I myself lost faith in the NTA many years ago and have seen no reason to rejoin, although I did go to the Louisville show, but from what I heard there and what is going on now I feel I haven't missed much.

At this point in time, and with what has transpired with Mike, I really don't care what happens with the NTA. I am disappointed it has come to this. I have my state association and many other good state associations in neighboring states I can support and benefit from. I have just last week become a member of the UTA. Talked with two different representatives and in looking at there web site and the link to UTA on this forum have found some very useful benefits to not only myself but my state association. I am in hopes that the UTA will soon establish a convention for the membership to enjoy. From what I have learned so far I believe the UTA's intentions are good and will benefit taxidermy.

5. Wow. Add me to the list of those that will never join.

6. Huntress

Huntress Member

Seeing as I agreed with every suggestion that Michael made I guess they don’t want me either.
    I won’t be renewing.

7. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

Unbelievable !!!

8. shammy

shammy New Member

Cmon Joel, Will you respond to this. What is your reasoning on this? How about you RJ, I guess I messed up when I become a LIFE MEMBER years ago. We are looking for answers?

9. Tricia

Tricia New Member

Alright, we all know that the NTA board has met. We've heard about TWO topics that were discussed and voted on. Neither of those were posted by board members or officers of NTA. Where's the rest of it? WHAT was discussed, what was voted on, what was tabled? Surely the meeting didn't ONLY entail two items on the agenda?

For those that might wonder, I am NOT a member of NTA. Therefore my opinions and statements don't count and will never be acknowledged by the NTA. Yeah, I know, I'm crying the blues over that one. LMAO ;) I'm wondering if I can be banned from ever becoming a member...wouldn't that be sweet. LOL

I wonder who called Mike to tell him, and WHY they called him so quickly...as if they ran to the nearest phone as soon as they adjourned the meeting. Was it to gloat? Did they just want to be the first to tell him so they could glory in his reaction? And why didn't they at least walk to a computer after hanging up the phone and let us ALL know how the meeting went?

Obviously, no sane person would condone what was done to Michael, it was an obvious attempt to teach him a lesson for disagreeing with them and publicly taking certain people to task for not staying in contact.

It was idiotic that a timed offer of accounting services would be refused, much less almost two months after the expiration of the offer. ::)

What else happened? Yes, Joel, I'm asking YOU. I would also be willing to hear from any other board member...but YOU were the one that said you would stay visible and give us some updates. Nonmembers are here for you to recruit, not alienate by silence and your (and the board's) remarkably poor judgement in decision making.

10. Hoss0902

Hoss0902 I drink to make other people seem more interesting

Yes Micheal might...well has a big mouth...lol, but that shouldn't be a reason to kick him out.

NTA, the person with a big mouth is the one that will be heard, and to me y'all are the most quite about this. You can sweep what ever you want under the rug and hope for it to go away, but you will eventually trip over it and I hope your face hits the door.

11. From "PUBLIC"portion the NTA website:

NTA Board Passes NEW NTA Policy On Suspension, Expulsion or Other Action.

NTA policy on suspension, expulsion or other action:

Any individual (including Officers and Board Members), organization or company that is a member of the NTA may have any or all of its membership privileges suspended for a period of time, or may be expelled with the loss of all membership privileges or any other disciplinary action deemed warranted by a two-thirds (2/3) affirmative vote of the Board of Directors for the following reasons:

1. Any cause or conduct which is contrary to or in violation of the NTA Bylaws, Code of Ethics, Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest Policy or Statement of Personal Commitment.

2. For having obtained membership in the NTA by a material false or misleading statement.

3. Without limitation, for any conduct disruptive of the orderly operation of the NTA in pursuit of its goals.

4. For willingly making false statements or misrepresentations about the NTA or any of its representatives.

5. For otherwise violating one’s obligation of loyalty to the NTA and its objectives.

6. Or for any other good cause.

My favorite is #6.....LOL

12. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I think I'd like to see that "Conflict of Interest" policy. I suggested that when I sat on the board and it included ANYONE who ran a supply company or provided the majority of their services back to the industry.

13. Apathy, lack of communication, feeling like they are above the law, and yes, something to hide. Those are my thoughts and I'm 100% sure of them because of all the 9999 times they have had a chance to redeem themselves, they laugh it off.

14. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

has the board walked the plank???

15. oldboar

oldboar Taxidermy...do the impossible:)

I've held my breath for quite a while...trying not to sound brash.

But....truly....

There is NO REASON for the NTA. Period.

At least the one we have now. There are more states with better associations...along with the UTA.
    As far as the insurance offered....heck, I miss the NTA competition, save the money (I would have spent on a trip to the show) for a premium....as far as I'm concerned I'm better off.

NTA won't get any money from me....but of greater importance....won't get any sweat equity.
    My job most recently allows me great flexibility....and extra time. I thought about giving some of my extra time back to something I love so much. And I will, but it WILL NOT be with the NTA.

What a bunch of Monkeys!

Sincerely,

Jim

16. I love Bobbi's "Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil" ad. After a few pages of the two previous NTA threads, I went from reading every word to just scanning, so I may have missed something, but I thought Michael had some EXCELLENT ideas. I'm with you George, the first thing I thought was "All those other huge problems and they stoop to THIS?????" How many times have LOTS of people said, I don't want the NTA to fail, but it needs to be "cleaned up" or something to that effect, myself included.

IT IS TRULY SAD that a small bunch of selfish or arrogant or stupid or under-handed (Pick one or all) people have finally brought the NTA to this. I would, like Tom, demand to be banned for life from the NTA, but I'd be wasting my time. We're WAY past that now. The fat lady has sung her last note and has run out of breath. VERY SAD.

17. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

Based on what I've seen for MANY years I can understand why the NTA would NOT want an audit of ANY KIND. Even if it was free! Even if there was nothing wrong, explaining to the membership "WHY" the money was spent would be quite a chore.

For those of you who weren't aware of it.....years ago the NTA had a LOT of money in the bank.

18. The "NTA" probably still does............somewhere.........

19. duckfeathers

duckfeathers New Member

Hey Texan............. REMEMBER THE ALAMO ..............

20. John Panter

John Panter New Member

So did they ban Michael outside of executive session? If not how does anyone know, other than the obvious somebody talked when they shouldn't have.