1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

First Coyote...please critque

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by tim74, Feb 20, 2010.

1. tim74

tim74 New Member

This is my frist attempt at a coyote. I had to add almost six inches to the form lenth, however, I did not change the girth of the form and now it seems skinny - any advice?

Attached Files:

2. MHTaxidermy

MHTaxidermy (307) 640-2602

Next one widen the girth as well as lengthening it. You have to keep everything in proportion. If you lengthen it, it needs widened to.

3. Not sure but i think there might need to be some slight wrinkles in the muzzle....not as much as if it were snarling but just slightly

4. tim74

tim74 New Member

thanks for the advice, if i was to go to the trouble to re-hydrate and try to shorten the length and try to add girth in the shoulder/ribcage area would i be on the right track?

5. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Mark is right about keeping proportion, but six inches of length is still too much for that form and even adding girth wouldn't make it look correct. I think a lot of that extra skin could have been taxied around and "stacked" in place. just my opinion

6. MHTaxidermy

MHTaxidermy (307) 640-2602

Nina, stretching the hide width wise would have taken out some of the length, so 6 inches would not necessary any more.

7. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

that's what I was thinking too