1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

websites

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by 8ptbuck, Feb 18, 2007.

1. 8ptbuck

8ptbuck Member

I am starting up a new website for my studio and was wondering how many taxidermist out there have one?
    And do they get much business from there sites. I live in a very remote area away from the nearest town and dont have many clients yet hoping this will help get the word out quicker for me. Any thoughts would be of great help thanks.

2. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

It's one of my best advertising tools. BUT you'll need to get up high on the search engine lists before most people will find you through doing just a search, link with this site (THANKS Ken) and with Glen Conley's sites (THANKS Glen) and you'll move up the list in a hurry.

3. mayhem15

mayhem15 New Member

Good Idea to get a website these days. It's the ONLY way i do business. Don't know how these people finds my site, but they do and it works great for me. I designed my own website, through homestead. It allows you to be creative and have a lot of fun with it.

4. I used to have to mail photos of work to those way out there that had heard of me.Since 2000 I have had a website.I live in a county of 10,000 people just above a county of 1,800 and next to a county of 9,000.If I did not get folks from way off a long time ago I would not stayed open long.I have seen websites with prices this past year at where mine were in 1991.That is dumb.I know everyone has different overhead but in 1991 good deer mannikins were under $20 in average sizes.I think the most costly one today is $46.50 .

5. Matt

Matt Active Member

I didn't think a website would do much for me, but I was wrong. I get alot of business from it, and it's a great way for potential clients to view your work.