1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I FINALLY CAUGHT WHAT WAS EATING MY CHICKEN HEADS

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by swb, Feb 28, 2010.

1. swb

swb Member

Thanks to all who responded it took a while and I caught several coon and grinners outside the coop but I managed to finally catch the culprit after he killed 9 hens ,turns out it was a buck mink and a smart one at that!!!!!!!

2. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

Is he going to be mounted?

3. thats cool i wouldnt have thought of that kind of small to be killin chickens though

4. They are pretty feirce little animals. Especially when they're hungry, and get a easy oppurtunity to eat!

5. B.S.O'Hare

B.S.O'Hare Member

well i'm glad you posted that. nice to have some closure!

6. MHTaxidermy

MHTaxidermy (307) 640-2602

Minks aren't any to small to kill chickens. They are nasty on chicken populations once they get started.

7. Im glad you finally killed him never would of guessed that I figured it was just the coons

8. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

You should see what a weasel can do to your chickens. A quarter size of a Mink with twice the attitude.

9. I remember the first Mink I caught as a kid......got it in a box trap with some sardines.....LOL.....can't remember any animal being as aggressive and nasty as that little bugger !!!! 8)

10. thats crazy wouldnt have thought they were that mean