1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Just a note about my "Yoxathon"s

Discussion in 'Training' started by Bill Yox, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I know, its a funny name for the classes I do on the road, but someone else coined the phrase, lol. What I wanted to say is, with respect to the many other instructors out there, at least the ones I am familiar with, I am doing my best to not plan any of my group classes too close to the other instructors cities. I know many of them by first name and respect what theyre trying to do, just like me, so I hope we dont get too close to someone I simply wasnt aware of. We all have different teaching styles and theres certainly plenty of folks interested in advancing their instruction, but I just dont want to step on toes where avoidable. Thanks!

2. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

That's understandable, I live an hour and a half from you and I'm flying to Illinois, not every taxidermist uses the same techniques or systematic styles.. I don't see how you would be stepping on toes I'm going to go to the people that interest me because of their work, not their geographical area..

3. RDA

RDA Active Member

Yes Bill if yu showed up in Nevada, we would have to find a mine shaft for ya to explore!! LOL!!! ;) ;D ;D

4. Bill Yox

Dont worry, no bird training here from me. Besides, I might find 5 students and a place to teach in that mine shaft ya know!

5. now i am curious. Who came up with yoxathon lol

6. Bill Yox

Well, I came up with the Yox part, lol. I guess maybe Thacker did. It started with the marathon classes going all day and night with some good friends in my studio, and morphed from there. They all wanted to see who stayed here the latest. Marathon=Yoxathon.

7. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

if you do one in michigan im all over it. heck i would be all over it if the timing was right for the last one.

8. Bill Yox

Actually we are trying to organize a Michigan Yoxathon now, Ill post dates once I know.

9. Bill you can do it at my house (in Mich) everyone can stay at my house plenty of room to stay.
    p.s. see you in a few weeks.

10. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

count me in. let me know the dates.

11. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

How about we do one here at my shop here in Texas the week before the Texas show???

I've got what I believe would be the perfect set up for it and although it would be crowded, I would have no problem housing everybody.

12. Bill Yox

Looks like we are tentatively slated for Kansas City sometime late in May, then Michigan and now Texas in July. Start making your plans!

13. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

OMG! I like that Avatar better than Ken's! That is hilarious.

14. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

put me down for the mi yoxathon. dont want to miss the list.

15. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

if Texas hits one of my long weekends I will bring my son for Yoxathon and I will go fishing! by then I hope I have him mounting decent deerheads. lol

16. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

For those that are interested,
    We are trying to work out some dates between my schedule and Bill's for a Yox 3 day Deer Seminar here at The Artistry of Wildlife.
    Bill is a very good friend and I am opening up my studio for him to use and instruct.

17. bill looks like you ll have to buy a tour bus the yox athon coming to a town near you

18. Bill Yox

;)

19. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

how about a few more days for a Bill/dennis whitetail & affrican workshop?

20. sean997

sean997 Member

I want in on the one in Texas!