1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

1st mt lion

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by AFTHUNT, Mar 3, 2010.

1. AFTHUNT

AFTHUNT Member

This is my first Mt lion is there any thing i can or should change while it is still wet?
    Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. dipper

dipper New Member

I don't know squat about big cats, but the guys who do, will want bigger pics. to assist you.

3. AFTHUNT

AFTHUNT Member

more

Attached Files:

4. AFTHUNT

AFTHUNT Member

1 more

Attached Files:

5. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

As you are looking at it from the front, you need to adjust the right side eye shape. The pupil should be up near the top of the lid like the left side.

6. Zachattack

Zachattack New Member

Congrats!

7. dipper

dipper New Member

It looks like there is a abnormal bump above the right eye lid

8. eyes, symmetry

ear to head transition

hair pattern between ears

9. adkgirl

adkgirl New Member

What Daniel Callahan says and it looks like the feet need to be adjusted, but the pic is too small to give detail.

10. tjaxtax

tjaxtax New Member

Looks pretty good! Customer should be pleased.

11. AFTHUNT

AFTHUNT Member

Thank you all for the input i appreciate it, i have made the changes and will post pics when done.

12. Silverose01

Silverose01 Proud member of LTBBOI

Wow looks pretty great :)
    Watchin for the completed pics

13. that is a really nice mt. lion great job

14. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Active Member

It looks like the cat's right eye is higher than the left, but it might be the picture because it also looks like there is a weird bump above that eye and on the top of the head making it look like the right side of the head is higher than the left.

15. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

First off, the weird bumps over the eyes, they are supposed to be there. Not only are they there on lions, but also bobcats, raccoons, coyotes, and even your dog scruffy. The eyes look pretty good, just keep in mind you can almost never get the pupil too high. The ears bother me a little, but other than that pretty good for a first. It's tough to see much more due to the small pics. Here's a ref. pic showing those "weird bumps".

[​IMG]

16. Twisted.

Twisted. Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

Cole, im not seeing any bumps

17. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Are you looking at the ref. pic, or at scruffy? I guess if you don't see any, they must not be there.
    [​IMG]

18. Twisted.

Twisted. Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

At your picture....im just not sure what im looking for.

19. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

You don't see the bump over the eye? In the above pic it looks like someone hit the cat in the head with a hammer, and it left a goose egg over his eye.

20. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Ryan, Ryan, Ryan. Don't know about you. If you can't "see" them, then you don't understand what you need to be looking for. Do yourself a favor and get Phideau and hold his muzzle but wave a bone in front of him back and forth. I'll bet you'll see the "bumps" then. THEY MOVE. LOL

BTW, thanx Cole. I was looking at his picture and I was thinking it wasn't too bad for his first and then I saw all those guys saying stuff that I didn't feel was an issue. You know them better than I.