1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

TURTLE-FEST 2011 Any interest??

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by wetnwild, Mar 4, 2010.

1. I was talking to a PTA member after answering a number of e-mails concerning interest in a super palooza- like seminar with snapping turtles. Everybody would get a small 5-7 inch snapping turtle, and it would be a group mounting seminar like Gatorpalooza. The mounts are small enough to easily take home, and we would cover another popular aspect of reptile taxidermy. Just wanted to throw this out there to see what the intertest level is. TURTLE-FEST 2011, lets make it a reality!!!!

2. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

sounds good, you can count me in along with my son. if you need the turtles I can get a lot of them a friend gets a few hundred each year for wild game dinners I'm sure I can talk him out of some or go help him for a few days. just would have to have a minimum and max size you would like?

3. Perfect. I can also get em from my dealer, so between the two of us we should get it covered. because of the amount of work involved, i am thinking somewhere between 5-6 inches would do, shell length. Any bigger and it would take a week LOL

4. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

OK, I'm off to Yoxfest I will call him and make sure we have them, I will let you know when that way you don't have to buy any unless we don't end up with enough that size range. how many do you want?

5. duckfeathers

duckfeathers New Member

Yes. Count me in. I'll do the biggest you want to get. I don't care if it takes a week.

6. I'd like a slightly bigger turtle also........one other request......can we change the name to SNAPPER-FEST ???????/ :p :p :p 8)

7. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

I like snapper fest! ;D

8. NO!!!!!!!!! I was thinking of Turtle-Mania, but we''l see LOL Dan maybe I can get a little crippled turtle that leans to the left a little. you could adopt him LOL

9. Ok...let's compromise,Tom........Snapper-Mania.....!!!!!! :eek: :eek: 8)

10. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

That's just WRONG..........

**Dan maybe I can get a little crippled turtle that leans to the left a little. you could adopt him LOL**

That's just WRONG Tom.

;D

Kerby...

11. psycho

Kerby, have you noticed Tom likes to pick on the crippled kids and poke fun of them....

I can only think of 1 reason why.... Small WINKY! ;)

Tommy make sure you put a bandage on his right rear leg so I can identify him and hook him up to some kind of electric machine.... ;D

Tom you would have loved it the other day, I was so far to the left that the x-ray tech had problems getting the whole spine in the picture. :eek: I've loosened up a little though. I am almost standing straight but now I lean forward at the waist. I don't know if you can find a turtle that can do that. ;) Maybe I can get some work with Geico like you did, you know, so easy a caveman can do it.... ;D

12. Kerby Ross

And,.........

And he likes to flip OLDER men (yes I am older, not by much though) onto the floor without warning too......and in front of Kathy Blomquist too.

:)

Kerby...

13. My pals LOL

14. psycho

;D

15. Kerby Ross

LOL

My "little buddy"

;D

Kerby...

16. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

17. Stick with Turtle Fest Tom. That's one catchy name. ;D

18. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

you know if I brought larger ones "alive" we could have a "turtlefeast" after the "turtlefest" but Im not cookin!

19. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Depending on where and when, Id also be interested. Count me in temporarily!