1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Hey Wet and wild....question for you..Gatorpalooza Related

Discussion in 'Reptile Taxidermy' started by northeast cryptid, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Tom.....my Gator from Gatorpalooza is drying nicely,but how long (about) does it take to dry enough to begin painting it? And if you could.....short step by step..basic ..for us that took the seminar and didn't buy your DVD..(I did.. :p) Just want to know what you recommend...seal it first and if so with what...I know we spoke about Krylon..was that Matte or semi-gloss? I also bought your recommended finger paints...I know that part of it has to be done from reference,I'm not asking for a 10 page step by step here. Just a little follow-up so we don't ruin the nice mounts we were able to do with help from you and Matt Zimmerman. Thanks in advance !!!! 8)

2. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Since they were all small gators I would wait about 30 days and check it. Some will dry faster and some will dry slower. PSYCHO (on Tim's account)

3. Thanks Psycho...i was lucky to get one of the bigger gators......even found a perfect sized piece of Cork bark at the show for only 10 bucks. It's going to make a nice piece when its all finished up. Have to express my Thanks again to Matt and Tom,the UTA and everybody who made Gatorpalooza such a blast. Nothing like learning in such a laid back atmosphere....!!! 8)