1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Training with Bill Yox at the 3rd YOXATHON in Illinois!

Discussion in 'Training' started by antlerman, Mar 8, 2010.

1. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

If you haven't seen the post in the gamehead section you should check them out and look at all the pictures. Here are some more for you all to enjoy!
    (PSYCHO on Tim's Computer AGAIN!) ;D

Attached Files:

2. antlerman

Here are some more.... ;)

Attached Files:

3. antlerman

Ok well maybe some more.. ;)

Here is a Yoxathon #3 Class picture from Illinois! Everyone had a fantastic time and really enjoyed themselves! Our salute to TAXIDERMY.NET and WASCO for giving us this great website to bring taxidermist together from all over the country and world to be able to enjoy each others company, share knowledge and share friendships!

Attached Files:

4. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

Bill's lookin' a little touchy, feely. I'm glad he only shakes my hand when I see him.

5. Only midnight in IL - you guys finished up early!
    ;D

Bruce

6. Tricia

Tricia New Member

OMG Bill, that is a GREAT shirt. I used to love watching Mighty Mouse! :D

Oh, btw, nice deer, guys. Great job. LOL ;)

7. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Bruce these guys finished well before midnight. You being here know how it is, everyone stood around and BS for hours afterwards. The only one that didn't was Darryl Smith from Louisiana. He had a long drive and decided to start driving home that night. I made sure to call him and wake him up.. ;D It seemed that these guys had a great time and really enjoyed themselves. They all thanked Tim and Becky for allowing them to come into their home and Tim's shop. Tim had a vision that started with the foam flying party with Dennis Harris and Tom Voyer and has continued to think outside of the box in trying to bring taxidermist from all over together for training at his shop for the sake of educating taxidermist. Tim allowed all this to go down at his shop at no extra cost to anyone.

Tim, if you or Becky read this THANK YOU for everything you have done for everyone involved.

Of course thanks to Bill "F" Yox! ;)

Any way in case you are wondering from the top to bottom they guys are as listed.

Scott Musgrave from Indiana
    Jim Bible from Iowa
    Darryl Smith from Louisiana
    Blaine Gerow from New York
    Mike Mizelle from Florida
    Nathan Anderson from Misery oops I mean Missouri ;D
    Tim Thacker from ILLINOIS! 8)

8. Steve W

Steve W Member

ohio
    Nice looking heads there guys, looks like you all had a good time.

9. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Brian, there was a method to my madness. Those man hug friendship embrace photo pose thingies were also this...

Scott...I was holding him up, his back was killing him.
    Jim...I was holding him back. He wanted to mount every deer in there, as this was only his fifth deer head and he was happy!
    Darryl...I was holding him near so I knew where he was. Hes a cajun ya know.
    Blaine...I was holding him upright so he would look taller, hes a short guy like me.
    Mike...I did that so we would be standing closer and hed make me look better. Go figure!
    Nathan...ya know, Im not sure why either. Hes a good guy though, so what the hell.
    Tim...well, thats just because it pisses some others off, lol. Hes a good guy too.

These guys did a really good job.

10. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

Okay Bill, as long as you had good reason.

11. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

not sure if they were good reasons but, at they were reasons.... ;)

12. antlerman

reason enough fockers!!

13. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Brian I think Bill gets touchy feely after Harley (Tims dog) tours the shop! that dog wants to hump everything in sight! He was after me for a while.lol but I saw bill out of the corner of my eye I think thats all it took.lol
    Bill I will check on your hay in the morning again!

14. Bill Yox

Yes we bring out the beast in...beasts. We sure did have fun though eh Blaine? That was a lot of laughing, especially when the dog was having to jump up to hump, lol.

15. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

I had a blast all the time that dog reminded me of the bulldog on the Van Wilder movie...I'm still finding him a artificial leg and tossing a set of jeans on it..lol

16. Bill Yox

Actually, that dog was a lab before the first Yoxathon, until he tried rubbing out my leg. Now he just looks like a bulldog...but he doesnt try to hump me anymore, either!

17. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

just let him finish and he will leave you alone LMAO!

18. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I FORGOT!!!!! That there was some funny chit Harley.

19. Scott Musgrave

Scott Musgrave Little Wildcat Creek Taxidermy, Sharpsville, IN.

I think, I'm the only one who was able to avoid being humped by that dog. Simply because my back hurt so bad the whole time I was there, I couldn't bend over . ( I think I was passing another Kidney Stone) damn those things = bad timing, Tim, nice avatar, it's about time you show the world the brains behind your shop.

Scott

20. antlerman

Like my signature says; Harley takes care of my light work!! LOL But LEE takes care of the more difficult tasks. You deal with Harley or you deal with Lee......Your choice! LOL

As for my avatar Scott, I have to say she has earned her spot in the taxinet family. In spite of her own sickness, and having a 1 1/2 year old granddaughter to care for, she has opened her home to no less than 25 different strangers including one who wasn't such a good guest, and hasn't complained once, but rather supported my ventures and did all she could do to help in any way she could. She considers many now friends who were once just names. I do believe that success in this business is directly related to either the support or tolerance we receive from our other halves. With Becky at my side, I WIN against all odds. I think I'll keep her.