1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

ouch sharp needle, sharp needle

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by TomCat, Mar 8, 2010.

1. TomCat

TomCat Tommy B. <(((><

ouch, and just think i sharpen these things, not to much damage, bled a lot. be careful guys i did this just to show you what could happen lol ::)

[​IMG]

2. Been there done that to many times.

3. gunner62

gunner62 Gunners Buckhorn Taxidermy

W.I.
    Oh ya that a good one but your whole glove is'nt full of blood. None the less it does hurt dos'nt it?

4. HAPP

HAPP Active Member

Yep. Those triple edge needles do a great job!

5. BVanKirk

BVanKirk package deal

been there before... it always reminds me of the blood filled water balloon from It

6. Hurts worse two days after you poke yourself. :p I jabbed my palm yesterday with a hide puller. ::)

7. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

No doubt....then poke it again as it's almost healed!! The hide puller thing too! Been there, done that!! Watch your eyes!

8. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

Aint it crazy that just before the needle goes in you have that split second to say to your self @@@@ then after the fact you again say rather loud @@@***&&^% then start trying to remember where you left the bandaids from the last time.

9. Yup, get that tough bitt of skin up near the antler burrs you fogot thin enough and "Pop" :eek: another hole in your skin! Follow that up with a dab or two of laquer thinner or cape salting for fun ::) What a way to "burn" the day! LOL

10. Its usually the dull needles that get me trying to get one more cape done with out sharpening

11. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

That will teach you where to hold, and where to poke for next time. I use to get poked on every job, now I seldom ever do because I DONT AIM THE NEEDLE AT MY FINGER!

12. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

yeee ha fun times. sucks as bad the first time as it does the last. but just about all of us can sympathize with you on this one.

13. yep been there, to the bone once!!!

14. TomCat

TomCat Tommy B. <(((><

seems like I'm in good company on this one, all the comments are dead on, did hurt worst the next day for sure.

15. Ya had to say somethin didnt ya! Ran one into my first finger of my left hand this evening just above the nail! :eek:
    Figures - it was Murpheys Deer - if it could go wrong it did!! LOL :p

16. deerhunterdon

deerhunterdon New Member

Mi
    three times today, guess im a slow learner.

17. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

I've done that many times and sometimes nothing will stop the bleeding except zap-a-gap. My wife laughs at me everytime she sees that I've had to glue my finger again.