1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

WASCO customer service.

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Bender, Mar 9, 2010.

1. I shall probably be in for some criticism here but feel compelled to share this.I am posting from Tasmania(a*#*# end of world!!) Australia.Fish taxidermy product is hard to come by here, hence I have discovered WASCO.
    WASCO products are great. In the last 12 months I have received the Breakthrough Fish Taxidermy manual and a Polytranspar fish paint kit(of which some paints leaked in transit). Both of these products have improved my taxidermy no end, and I cannot speak highly enough of them. However, I have found the WASCO customer/relation , especia;lly of late, less than satisfactory.
    This briefly is my recent experience.I ordered extra Polytranspar paints last month using the online form. Waited 2 weeks, nothing arrived. Emailed WASCO, asked Wheres my order?! I received an "unsigned" email stating they hadnt received it!! I re ordered using my private email and in meantime was again told by "mystery" correspondant that they had not received the original order 2 weeks earlier.!! So here I am 3 weeks later and today I received a "signed" email stating that they had infact received my original order last month but were awaiting a reply from me to an email (that I have not received!!). Confused yet?? ??? There were other questions I had asked via email also, that were not answered.
    All this gets very frustrating and confusing for me, especially being so far away and phone calls are not cost effective. I know WASCO is a big company, I get the impression that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing in the order/dispatch department!! I received conflicting emails from employees who should at least sign them so we know who we're dealing with.
    Im not gonna go on n on about this but I would suggest that WASCO should improve communications and at least notify an overseas customer of the date when an order has been dispatched!! That at least would save customer anxiety!!
    As my business grows I shall want to order more and more of this great product, providing customer relation is improved.
    In the meantime, here I am wondering when my order from 2/19 will infact be sent(by airmail)?!!,
    regards John Wilesmith. p.s One of the questions I asked but never got a reply to was: Does WASCO have a distributer in Australia?!!

2. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

I can answer one ? for you. WASCO does not have a distributor in Australia. They are located in the State of Georgia on the U.S.A. They also run this site.

3. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

Next time use the telephone, They have a toll free number

4. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

you may be the only one i know that has had a bad experience with their C.S department. they called me the other day just to say that a blank i had ordered had already been shipped to them painted instead of blank. same price but they wanted to check. they didn't try and say that i ordered it that way (which i have seen others do) they just said, the supplier messed up and sent us this one is that ok? always great things.

5. My money says check your junk email box, bet you have an email from WASCO there......

6. I received email from WASCO sales today to say that my order has been sent and the amount it cost including freight, also an apology over confusion with order. So thankyou WASCO, I feel better already, actually knowing it has left your shores!! :) I guess I have learned a valuable lesson here, when ordering on line in future I shall follow 3 simple steps: Order well in advance (at least 3-4 weeks) of when product is needed, request confirmation from WASCO on receiving order, and finally confirmation from WASCO of date when order was dispatched. Not necessary for local orders maybe but for overseas customers it would make things easier and more stress free actually knowing what is happening.
    Nevermind, alls well that ends well its on its way now, except for the retarder! I had ordered retarder with the paints as I believe its supposed to prevent the air brush tip clogging.Its not allowed to be freighted airmail so I wonder if there is a substitute?! Can anyone offer a few tips on preventing needle clogging without retarder? With the first batch of paints I was getting clogging really bad especially with the black and white opaques.
    Any suggestions appreciated, thanks John.

7. TonyB

TonyB New Member

Bender,
    I know that old cars are big in your part of the world, same as here. Call some of your local automotive paint stores and ask if they carry lacquer? If they do, they will have lacquer retarder or can get it for you.

Hope that this will help.

8. you should feel grateful your dealing with WASCO,i have never had a problem with them. try dealing with Tasco i live in Michigan and it usually takes me 10 days to two weeks to get my supplies from them. I don't think they have there fish manikins made up ahead of time. and once it took me 3 months to get a piece of Driftwood.

9. jbnf

jbnf New Member

When you order ask for a tracking number. Plus I have only called them and everytime, I have been very pleased with the sales rep. Always got my order on time.

10. buzzbait

buzzbait Padden's Wild & Wet Taxidermy and custom Woodwork

NY
    X2 The customer service at WASCO IMO is top notch,place order two days later its here

11. Im sure you are right guys and that customer service is good 99.999% of the time. Im confident I wont get a future problem with orders. Im gonna keep coming back because I love the product, just wish I could buy it over this side!! Nevermind
    , in a perfect world maybe!! :-\
    Thanks for the suggestion about retarder TBible , I shall shop around, guess I was worried about the compatability factor, dunno what im allowed to mix with the Polytranspar paints.

12. I ordered a fish carving video and they were out of stock. I got a phone call that day from a rep and was told it would be a few days. When they actually shipped it they called me to let me know it was on its way. I don't think I have ever had better customer service anywhere.

13. Ed

Ed Member

Just my two cents.The phone seems the logical answer to resolve your communication problems and then use the cheaper online methods. Personaly all my encounters with ordering from WASCO have been professional and very enjoyable conversations.Good luck down under, Ed

14. x2 on the toll free number, WASCO is always first rate for me. give it a try i think you will be pleasantly suprised.

15. I always ask if something is in stock. If yes, I purchase, and still plan on waiting 2 weeks for it to arrive.

16. The Toll free number that I have does NOT work from where I am, Tasmania, Australia. The number I have is 1 800 334 8012. Is it out of date?? Does it only work within USA ? Should I put codes in front of it?? ???
    I have emailed WASCO regarding it and had no reply, surprise surprise Im getting sick of singing this same 'ol tune :-\
    Local customers may be thrilled with their service but overseas with limited communication deserve better than this!!!!
    Im still waiting for my order , maybe WASCO management will read this and endevour to answer some of my questions!!!!!
    Do the management not think, "now hang on, this guy loves our product, he could be a future regular customer, we better answer some of his queries and treat him as an individual not just a number!"

17. Spose I should point out that these recent communication gripes have cropped up since my post of March 10. I shall save "alls well, ends well" for when the product actually arrives on my doorstep.

18. Hooooray!!! Long awaited paint order arrived today!! ::)

Thankyou WASCO,

Lesson learned, end of story! .