1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

How to use this category

Discussion in 'Fish Reference Photos' started by Ken Edwards, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

As the new Forum has unfolded, there are several obvious organizational changes that have come into focus. One of these is related to the beautiful reference photography that is now being submitted by our members. As nice as these photos are, they will be of little use if someone cannot find what they need quickly and easily. As more and more photos are being submitted, it is getting harder to find specific photos from as recent as a week ago. In the future when we have thousands of photos, it may be impossible to sort them out.

Therefore, we are establishing Reference Photo subcategories (the first of which will be in the Fish category) as a place to submit live reference photos. I ask that when submitting a photo, make sure the Subject of the topic is the species name, so it will be easy to locate by using the Alphabetical topic function.

Also, please see if a topic already exists for the species of the photo you wish to submit, and add your photos as a reply to that topic. This way, all of the photos for a species will stay together, and be easy to use. Please limit each topic to only ONE species. Do not place different species in the same thread.

After we will see how this Category develops, we will add reference photos to other categories beside fish.

Hopefully, this area will become a great and useful tool for the sharing of reference to improve our art.

Looking for a particular fish?
    Click on the Subject heading of the Fish Reference Photo index page to put all of the species in alphabetical order.

Mark kranz likes this.
  2. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

Thanks Ken!
    "AND" Thanks to you guy's who have been loading reference pictures.

3. Ken Edwards

Uploading (attaching) Photos versus Inserting Images with the command[/b]

If you upload the photos to the Forum using the "Attach" function, they can only go at the end of your post and you are limited to three attachments.

If you host the photos elsewhere (such as photobucket.com, or a folder on your own website), then you can use as many photos as you like, and you can place the photos throughout your post wherever you like, using the [CODE] [IMG] [/CODE]command and the URL of your images.

We have also increased the allowable photo size. Our maximum photo size is now 800 pixels wide or high.

4. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Ken,

Thanks! :) :) :) This site keeps getting better and better. For those of you that said there was no need to change from the old format well.... ::)

I do have a question. Even though I am well below the 800 by 800 pixels, the right side of my photo keeps getting cropped off unless I make it much smaller. Is this the photobucket site or here? I am below the pixel max for photobucket too. I know I'm not the only one either. No complaints whatsover just curious what I could be doing wrong.

5. Ken Edwards

No, Cecil, it look great to me. I can see the entire fish, including about an inch of grass past the end of the tail.

6. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

O.k. so my monitor needs to be adjusted. I'll have to talk to the technician when she gets home (the wife).

Thanks! ;D

7. Ken Edwards

Cecil, I just duplicated your problem and a solution on another PC. Here is what you need to do.

• 1. Minimize your browser (third button from the right at the top right corner of your screen).
    • 2. Right-click on a blank area of your desktop.
    • 3. Choose "Properties" and left-click.
    • 4. Click on the "Settings" tab.
    • 5. Move the screen resolution pointer from 800x600 pixels to 1024x768 pixels.
    • 6. Click OK.
    • 7. Restore your browser and look at the entire photo of your beautiful fish!

Do it now and impress your wife!

8. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Got it!

Ya learn something every day!

9. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Ken, looking forward....

Ken, I am looking forward to a Reference Page for Reptiles & Amphibians as I have a few thousand pics (really I do), mostly snakes, but some lizards, toads, salamanders, etc.. All my pics of course.

I have a few pics on the Reptile Forum right now.

Great addition to this site.

Where are the Smallmouth Bass pics???? LOL

Kerby...

10. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Kerby,

I should be alble to take one out of one of ponds as early as tomrrow and take some pics if the weather permits. However it's raining cats and dogs right now and tomorrow is supposed to be rainy too. Unfortunately I'm a fair weather fisherman and don't like taking pics in the rain either.

11. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Thanks Cecil.........

I appreciate that. I did find some from Gary as well. More pics are always better!

Kerby...

12. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

The fish reference category is awesome, what a great idea.

13. I just started to use the forum and I'm hooked already thanks for making it easy for pc literates like myself.

14. Hi! I'm having a problem with the pictures from Photobucket. I get a blank frame with the message "Image or video has been moved or deleted" in it. I'm dumber then a fencepost when it comes to computers so if you have any ideas on how I can fix this I sure would appreciate it. Thanks a million! George

15. NOAH@aarrkk

NOAH@aarrkk Well-Known Member

GA
    This is a great section and I'd like to thank all the contributors. However, don't do as I do but do as I say......(ever hear that??)..........I think it would be more helpful if posters would add their contributions to species posts that have already been made. That way if you're looking for largemouth bass photos, they would all be in one post rather than spread throughout the entire category. There is a way of organizing the posts but that doesn't always work because of the wording to the thread, i.e. largemouth bass vs. Georgia largemouth bass, etc.
    Again, thanks to all the contributors.

16. NOAH@aarrkk

NOAH@aarrkk Well-Known Member

GA
    Let me encourage alll of you first time posters to this section, please read Ken's instructions concerning placing all the images of a species into ONE file so that if you're looking for rainbow trout images, for example, they're ALL in one folder and not in 22 posts spread over 30 pages of posts.
    Maybe I'm being anal about this but I think most of you would agree it would simplify the search process.

jerry

17. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    Thanks Jerry,I was wondering if I was the only organized thinker on here. It should and does make it a whole lot easier to use the reference section as it was designed to be used. THANKS!! Wonder what kind of trouble it would be now to organize what is there now in the hopes that it would stay that way!!
    Regards.
    Jon