1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

DIY Camo Dip Kit

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by jaclinto, Mar 11, 2010.

1. I have researched this DIY camo dip and it does indeed look easier that the original $35,000 machine investment i was looking at...I asked the guys who were selling the machines if all i was gonna do was dip skulls and lightswitch covers and other small items like that how would a $35,000 machine pay itself off....NO ANSWER...basically they just continued on about how amazing it was and how they'd train me in texas etc etc...I am not doubting that a$35,000 machine would be a lucrative business for someone doing large ticket items like guns or
    car parts or anything bigger....

IMHO i think one needs to buy into the original supplies for one or two kits so you get the material and then just resupply the camo prints...only problem is I don't know what company just sells the prints and how much...I googled it and all i get is everyone else who is in this business on a large scale

2. Elkhunter,
    This is what I found. Click on this link, they have an Ebay site, they sell different camo patterns and the activator also. I think it is $49 for a 15' x 35.5" roll, plus delivery. It is the only place I could find that will wholesale the products needed for getting started. Good Luck.

http://stores.ebay.com/ABCSALES0

3. jaclinto

jaclinto Member

You can email the Camo Dip Kit guys and they will offer you wholesale pricing if you are looking at doing several kits.

4. Camo Eagle

Camo Eagle You dream it we dip it Eaglecustomgraphics.com

I would just like to let you guys know I am selling the DIY dipping kits for 105.00 w/free shipping to the lower 48

I also offer full service dipping for the ones that would rather let a pro do the dipping w/wholesale prices for Taxidermist.

PM or email me at [email protected] for more info or to place an order.

5. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Can you post some pictures, including close-ups of the nasal cavity?

6. jaclinto

jaclinto Member

for those who are interested - the camo dip kits are on sale for $99 at www.camodipkit.com

7. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

I may have to try it.

8. I ordered my kit on March 23d, I have not received it as of yet. Anyone else have a long wait. I did see on the policy they will ship 4-6 weeks after payment, in this day and age I could not fathom why it would be good business practice for an item to take that long to arrive. Still waiting here in New Jersey

9. boarhunter67

Funny, it seems like everytime one of these threads gets started about camo dipping and I ask for a closeup picture that includes the nasal cavity it gets ignored. This leads me to believe that they must not look too good.

10. jaclinto

jaclinto Member

I will try to get you one.

11. Bear Claw

Bear Claw New Member

I watched both you-tube videos and think this is a really neat kit I just wander if one kit would be enough to do a compound bow? I have one I was going to send off but for $99 and the fun of DIY-ing it I'd rather do it myself. any opinions on this

12. Good Luck, I ordered mine on March 23d, Still have not received it. I sent an e-mail out, got a reply a week ago that said "Send me your address and the camo pattern you want and we will just reship it. Something must have happened." That was on April 27th, I gave the info again and still nothing. I wouldn't order "s%#^ from them. But, it is your choice.

13. jaclinto

jaclinto Member

DId you get your kit? I ordered mine and it came in about 10 days. Will be reordering this week.

14. Yes,
    I did finally get mine on Saturday. Hopefully I will try it this week, I'll post the results

15. Bear Claw

Bear Claw New Member

Judging from the kit, do believe that one kit gives you enough material to do a compound bow? ???

16. It appears it would, but I have not tryed it yet, I don't know how much waste is involved. On a different note, I sent three skulls to TARJAC to be dipped, they called yesterday and told me they shipped them. They should be here in a day or two, I will post pics when I get them.

17. boarhunter67

When you try it, post a close-up picture of the nasal cavity. I still don't see how it would work in there.

18. jaclinto

jaclinto Member

glad your kit came - lets see some pics

19. jaclinto

jaclinto Member

any pics to share?

20. jaclinto

jaclinto Member

still interested in pics if anyone has them