1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Yoxathon in the Southeast ??

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by pyeager1, Mar 11, 2010.

1. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

OK, I'm gonna toss this out here. I was talking to Yox the other night and this idea was brought up about a Yoxathon in the Southeast (AL, MS, GA or TN). While I could almost host it here at my place, my accommodations such as shop isn't crowd friendly and the other areas of my pad such as garage or basement would have to go through such a renovation it wouldn't be feasible. Everything else is there, 50 miles either way to a major airport, I-65 less than 3 miles away with 4 or 5 motels and countless restaurants at the exit. What I'm asking is there anyone that would want to host such an event at their shop in the South? I would be willing to help co-host with you (if needed). If interested post here or PM and I will help to get this lined up from any serious inquiries.

2. Twisted.

Twisted. Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

my shop is pretty big, air port just down the road along with any hotel, place to eat...bars..you name it we got it.

3. BeachBuck

BeachBuck New Member

Yoxathon Is worth travelin for.Ryan you are not too far from NC.Id love to go.

4. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Ryan I would put you down as a serious candidate, but your neighboring taxidermist might get upset and start calling to complain. ;D ::)

5. BeachBuck

BeachBuck New Member

Yeager we can just invite them over they so they can learn something.

6. Twisted.

LMAO!

7. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

GREAT idea Perry! If I hadn't been involved with the first ones, I could have never believed the benefit of studing with Bill, the friendships made and the enjoyment of hosting one. IF You are in a position to either attend or host, DO IT!! You will have NO regrets, I promise you.

8. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

If i came down there, would i have to say ya'll??????

9. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

No for you Scott it will be "Yes Sir!" ;D

10. Twisted.

if it does come down to it...I have my shop, and a large empty room right beside it. Could put some tables in there and have plenty of room. Just keep it in mind if it does come down to it.

11. Twisted.

YEP!

12. crittercraft

crittercraft A venti caffe' mocha vodka valium latte to go plz

GA
    Perry, I think that's a great idea. I'm sure Bill would enjoy a little southern exposure.

13. jch

jch Member

yea, he needs to come on down here. the language barrier isn't too bad. it only took him 2 days to understand me. if you host perry make sure you have room for dan aka psycho, he can teach everybody a few new words.

14. whitetail94

whitetail94 New Member

Y'all figure it out and I would defiantly be in attendance. My shop isn't big enough to host one but I really want to come over and learn.

Michael

15. If and when yall work out the details I want on the list to attend. Ive got a 10,000 sf building but half is set-up for processing and Im just starting on the taxidermy space. It should be ready by fall but it's pretty far out in the sticks. Lodging is 10 miles away, b'ham airport is nowhere close.

16. If ya'll do decide to do it at Ryan's place I would be happy to help out in anyway just down the road from him. If not still put us on the list to come.

Kim

17. ¿¿??

¿¿?? New Member

Ya'll come down here just yell Roll Tide Roll!!!!! you will fit in with the rest of us there rednecks haha

18. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

I would love to attend also and I always say Ya'll ;D

19. buckcrazy

buckcrazy New Member

do ypu have to be invited to one of these or how does it work ? is it a three day event or how long ? also what is the cost? thanks ,mike

20. alabamarutandstrut

alabamarutandstrut Hero's are people who help people in need.

I live in south central Alabama, My shop bench can work 4 deer heads at one time, 1 extra bedroom, 2 couches, and motels with in 10 min. away. Wife loves to cook. And a fish pond to fish in. Only 1.5 hrs from Gulf coast beaches. Airports, Pensacola,Fl. and Mobile,Al. and Montgomery. Would be happy to host. Joe Matthews at 251-248-2609 ;D