1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

2nd WT, still wet.....

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by bmdakk, Mar 12, 2010.

1. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

this is the second ever , it is still wet as I just put it together, any tips , thanks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Groom that hair on the face DOWN, not straight back. Most hair patterns on a deer grow towards the ground

3. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Look at some reference instead of guessing.

4. wetandwild

wetandwild New Member

Here's some pics that I think might help.

Attached Files:

5. D.Price

D.Price Well-Known Member

Have I seen that cape before, Bryan? :-\

6. Twisted.

Twisted. Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

The whole deer needs work. The brisket is going all kinds of ways, the eyes are set differently, the ears need to be groomed, the tear ducts need to be tucked, the face needs to be gromed and hair patterns aligned......etc

7. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

What has this site turned into? Post a wet deer and ask others to fix it.

8. Twisted.

Twisted. Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

Id honestly rip that cape off and start over.

9. BigBore

BigBore New Member

Ryan, that is just a dumbass ass statement. Everything wrong with this deer is fixable with some reference pics. He said it was still wet everything can be moved into place eyes can be fixed all the tucking can be done. If that is what you do when you mount a deer and doesn't look right than I can't imagine how long it take you to do a deer.

10. D.Price

D.Price Well-Known Member

Damn guys, being a little tough ain't ya? He said it was his second deer.

I'm with Bigbore, I just sent the guy a pm telling him the exact same thing.

11. BeachBuck

BeachBuck New Member

Yeah it can b fixed up.Better get on it before it dries anymore tho.Good job so far tho for 2nd deer.

12. BigBore

BigBore New Member

What happen to this statement you take that back? :-\ Why be a ass to people that is asking for help you asked for help on here before and nobody treated you this way.

13. Not bad. Look at your refrence and do some adjusting on the eyes and brisket. Always use your refrence. For your second deer it looks pretty good.

14. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

If I hadnt hit a financial snag I wouldve went to the class this winter and learned how to really do this. It'll come. thanks guys for the feedback. I know it looks like shit just needed some verification. LMAO! Keep jabbin.

Mr.T Never asked anyone to fix it. I asked for tips so I could try to fix it. There is a difference.

I thought of that ryan! But Im not as good as you are at being able to throw a wet hide on a form and not need to tweak it a bit.

Im learning (self taught) but the teacher dont know his ass from a hole in the ground. ding ding , Round 2 back to the shop!

15. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

You quoted me from 2006? Wow,, you got an axe to grind if you had to go digging that far back. You need to go cool off, last I knew, I can post any thing I want, and say anything I want. Get over it. You took the 2006 quote out of context, why not post the question that went with it ?

16. BigBore

BigBore New Member

Just proved my point that you are nothing but a egotisical (self centered), self-conceited, swollen-headed, cocky, arrogant old man that hides behind his computer and picks on people that isn't up to par with you. You can do anything you want and say anything you want but your words on here is degrading to professional.

17. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Seems like your the only one I am bothering tonight. Are you a Pastor of a Church or something? You act like a preacher.

18. It's a site for beginners just like it says. I believe he asked for "tips". He didn't ask for anyone to fix it. And what does this have anything to do with being a preacher :-\

19. BigBore

BigBore New Member

You bother alot of people on here they just don't say anything afraid of not getting help in the future on here. But I call it as I see it. I don't pull no punches and will tell you what I think.

Its different if your helping people out with your experience but you come across with your belittling of beginners questions that they owes you something for your advice. So you just post smart ass comments. With the time and the amount of words you type to make them smart ass comments you could have done told them what needs to be fixed. But like this post if you where the only person to post on his deer his mount it would look bad and he would never learned anything.

20. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I apologize to anyone that is a Pastor or Preacher, I didn't mean to insult you by insinuating the Big boar was or is remotely like one.