1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Am I missing something here?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by D.Price, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Is this guy selling mounted deer heads that you just add your own antlers to or what? :-\ Look at the prices and bid counts on these things. :eek: Man thats crazy or I'm missing something one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Used-Whitetail-Mount-antlers-taxidermy-horns-capes_W0QQitemZ270542152236QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3efd91a22c

http://cgi.ebay.com/Used-Whitetail-Mount-antlers-taxidermy-horns-capes_W0QQitemZ270542152766QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3efd91a43e

http://cgi.ebay.com/Used-Whitetail-Mount-antlers-taxidermy-horns-capes_W0QQitemZ270542153354QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3efd91a68a

2. RTF

RTF Active Member

I have to ask, is he just mounting capes ??? Or do we have stolen deer heads with the antlers cut off. Or it could be he is an antler collector that bought mounts and cut off the antlers.

3. WNWA

WNWA New Member

i have seen this alot in the past, the reson the price is getting so high
    is that there is shilling bidding going on, go figure it out, thanks d. for
    bring thist to our attention

4. I saw a taxi a couple years ago selling new mounts that had one of those molded skull plates in it. He advertised that you buy the brand new mount and attach your antlers with rods or pins. I just looked a little and can't find the site. I think it was a guy out of TX and I think he was charging around $350 for them. If I happen to find that site again I'll post it.

5. Most likely the guy is an antler collector...bought the deer head somewhere...wants the rack, doesn't want/need the form. So he's selling the mount to get some of his cash back. In the process someone who wants a cheaply priced mount gets to throw their own personal rack on a large rutting shoulder form at a decent price.

6. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

looks like maybe he is mounting up capes and selling them without the antlers, notice in the last one he has empty forms beside the mounted one. I dont know.

7. #1 headhunter

#1 headhunter New Member

These mounts don't look new to me. I think someone wants to keep his racks and recover some mounting charges. Times are bad for some.

8. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

What they are doing, is upgrading their show room. Removing the rack, and remounting it after looking at their old beginner work for so long, that they want to remount the rack. I have done it, and have a clunker going up for sale as soon as I get around to it. You can do it to if you want, unless you feel that guys that sell these rack-less mounts are stealing your customers. I had a slacker customer that didn't pay, so I put it up for sale, the winning bidder didn't want the rack, he had a lager one in mind. So thats how I sold it. I have sold two others in the past, and got one setting in the corner now ready to go on ebay. It was from 2003 when I started, the rack is on my comp mount now going to the show this week.
    I have two more racks that will definatly get new capes, and a third that is border line if I will remount it or not. Then I will be happy with my show room. I cringe a bit now, knowing my old beginner junk,( that I was once proud of), gets space on my show room wall.

9. Mirror Image

Mirror Image Member

West
    x2 I would put my money on that is whats happening.