1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wrapping an Otter (for Snowhare)

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Daniel M., Mar 13, 2010.

1. snowhare

snowhare New Member

SAY WHAT HALF A DAY , FOR A SMALL CRITTER LIKE AN OTEER MAN , NORMALY IT TAKES NO MORE THAN EHHHHHHHHHHH 30 MINUTES DUDE

2. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Ohio
    AHHHH..... NO, I'M NOT A WRAPPING MASTER....... YET! LOL ;D

AND 30 MINUTES!!!!!! :eek: YOU ARE THE...

MASTER OF MASTERS!

3. Awesome job Daniel! Love seeing this type of taxidermy!

4. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Great tutorial! I was inspired to try my first wrapped body with a small raccoon and I got it mounted up today. Your pics helped a lot! thanks for sharing

5. I'm an amateur so I hope you don't mind me asking... what is the hide paste used for? Like a glue?

6. abilene3006hh

abilene3006hh New Member

looks pretty dam good to me

7. im fixin to give my first otter a shot this was very helpful i wont brave wrappin a form at this point (not a ton of experence) but nice to see cause i was realy forced into the pose i ordered (only size that fit) but if not to much trouble would sure appreciate close up of eyes ears and feet thanks sooo much for the time it took to post all that really appreciated it looks awsome sheree

8. Asta

Asta New Member

I learned a lot from this. Thanks.

9. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I missed it the first time too. Simply amazing work there Daniel. Gorgeous piece.

10. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

I missed it as well. Danial I will say this again, you are going to be one youngter to watch grow as an artist. Good work young man.

11. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Ohio
    Thanks again you guys. I appreciate the encouragements! :D

I still have to finish the little guy ::) lol

12. bird artist

bird artist New Member

Wow dude, I didn't know your work and wasn't expecting much, but as a birdguy who only uses wrapped body, that otter turned out simply amazing! You've motivated me to do a beautiful large roadkill otter, yes roadkill, that I've been putting off. I wanted to wrap it, but was a little hesitant, now I'm goin for it! I'll be posting pix. thanks again,
    aaron

13. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Wow I missed this also..Great job! mark of a true taxidermist.....