1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 19-20 !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

NICE crappie Timjo........

2. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Sarmite...that's one mean catfish!! I didn't even realize the size of that beast than after I saw that last picture!!! Nice work!!

3. DT10Sam

DT10Sam No flow no go!

Hi Everyone,

This is my first posting on this forum and also my first reproduction brook trout and I have been talking with Rick Krane recently via email and will definitely be attending one of his classes this year hopefully before fall as I need his tutoring to correct my imperfections.

Regards,
    Sam

[​IMG]

4. FinFlight

FinFlight TRAIL CREEK

Dt thats a great first post.If your gonna learn from anyone RICK IS THE MAN.There are so many great fish this week,hell every week makes it hard for us avarge guys to post.Heres a pic of a customer fish and a bevs donated walleye blank for gabes auction.I hate the fins too black but thats what the customer said it looked like.I emailed him a pic before i glossed and he said its right on.They looked soooo pretty whit the mist of black.i painted the fin a light yellow sealed it then misted it black and made a spot with a little artist brush and it looked good then he had to go and ruin it with heavey black fins.OH WELL IT WAS HIS DIME LOL.

Attached Files:

5. fishmedic

fishmedic R.I.P. Alli !

My latest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Sarmite

Sarmite Active Member

LV
    Two Tarpons, skin mounts ;)
    [​IMG]

7. wishbone

wishbone New Member

just finished
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Here is one that's headed out the door in the morning.

17" Whitebass (Custom replica)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Where do I begin? Great bunch of fish guys. Sarmite those tarpon heads came out awesome!

10. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    Haven't posted in awhile so here's mine a 39 in chinook ( but then again it may be a king, i don't know I was corrected by a customer at a show so who knows LOL)

Attached Files:

11. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I always thought a chinook was a king, either way nice looking fish.

12. NOAH@aarrkk

[email protected] Active Member

GA
    It IS!!

13. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    I knew it was !!! I was being facetious, hence the LOL!!! King or chinook it was fun catching him in a small stream on a fly I tied myself and actually completing the job in less than 6 mo. Ya know personal stuff don't pay the bills, and thanks for the compliment on the fish!!

14. Nice fish and a great job on it to, where is the fly, you need to place it in the photograph somewhere. Congrats.

15. birdfreak

birdfreak New Member

45 inch laker

[​IMG]

16. Sikk

Sikk Member

Great fish everyone, love the Chinook, Josh you continue to amaze me, great stuff! paul

17. No offense, but it seems like kind of a long week. ???

18. JE

JE Well-Known Member

I was thinking that a week ago LOL

19. FinFlight

FinFlight TRAIL CREEK

Heres another white crappie repro im getting closer on the fins.the next crappie will have the new metalic paints i started using.

Attached Files:

20. Hi Sarmite,
    Nice work. What is the silver color you used on the tarpon heads? I need some good super bright silver and gold color for a series of replicas of czech "white fish" for one biological University. I have only polytranspar bright silver (water base WA110). Your silver but it looks much better. Thank you for your answer. Daniel.