1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

illinois state show

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by justin33, Mar 18, 2010.

1. justin33

justin33 New Member

Who's goin'? Have you started anything yet?

2. bw

bw New Member

You bringing trouble with you again? We don't need "law enforcement" involved this year!!!

3. justin33

justin33 New Member

My twelve year old will be with me :D so no hospitality sweet :-\ or cops ;) or any alchahol :'(

4. erik1

erik1 New Member

I have to put the fininsing touches on my 4 pieces this weekend! Gonna be a busy weekend but it is always fun. We are just about to 100 members registered and we have 125 mounts preregistered. ;D

5. bw

bw New Member

Good thing Justin!! Someone needs to hold the reigns on you!

125 preregistered is awesome!!! I've still got a long way to go on mine.

6. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

Justin, I will be there sat. only you bringing a turtle again this year?

7. justin33

justin33 New Member

Harley,
    I don't know???? I talked to Ross on the phone the other night, and told him I had a westen painted to do, but I stayed up all night to mount it and don't know if it will be dry. My daughter is shooting indoor nationals this weekend in KY, and time is running REALLY short. I should have started months ago. It's very posible that I won't have anything to bring. Plan on working straight through from tues. afternoon till Thurs. night to bring something. I should be able to finish a customers deer at least.
    I'll sleep through a bird seminar.

8. We talked? I thought that was a nightmare ;D I didn't feel the best the next day, since I only got 5 hours of sleep. :mad:

9. BTW, I forgot to ask Harley where the show was, Justin.

10. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

crap I guess I better look springfield I THINK!

11. justin33

justin33 New Member

That was a nightmare russ. A what the hell man? 5 hours? thats what I get a week!
    Harley, the show is in springfield, at the northfield center on the north end of springfield. Take the sangamon exit off I55 turn right on Dirksen(first light), then turn right at Lowe's.
    If you get lost, don't go see my wife for directions, she's packing a 40.

12. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

Is that a King Cobra or Steel Reserve LMAO!

13. erik1

erik1 New Member

Sleep through a bird seminar!!! WTF!! I will pretend I didn't hear that. ;D BW I have had the fan on in the house for 2 days and things are looking good. And cooler temps this weekend will be perfect!

14. bw

bw New Member

Cooler temps suck!!! I need to do some painting on my base OUTSIDE!! Paint doesn't like to dry when its 45 degrees and misting rain. I guess I'll have to do it in the shop and hope I don't blow myself up.

Note to self: Turn off pilot light in shop.

15. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Gee I may have to send something with Tim or Harley. Harley I thought you were going to Ohio like me? Tim or Harley do you think you can enter a mount for me in the Masters if I give you the money to pay my dues and register it for me since you are going? That way I can have pieces in 3 shows this weekend. Might as well take Andy O's advice and try to do three shows at once.... :p You will have to bring my mount back to your shop too if you don't mind so I can pick it up when I get back home. Sounds like all the shows (Illinois, Ohio, Iowa and Kansas) are going to be big next week.

16. Why don't you just stay at home and read the archives, and have your local trophy shop make you some awards and ribbons?

17. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Active Member

Ohio
    You guys in Illinois have a really good state show. I used come every year when I worked at Buckeye. I can actually say I miss coming to it !! Back then it your show was in the top 3 state shows that we traveled to. Was hoping to get back there one of these years but now it is the same weekend as ours here in Ohio. But still , you guys run a good show out there.

18. psycho

Ross, anybody could do that crap...

you should probably stay home and make some more copper bases....

19. I will Dan, and I'll drink my liter cola too!!

20. psycho

LOL Hey where is my free base? I heard you give them away once in a while... ;D :p