1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

illinois state show

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by justin33, Mar 18, 2010.

1. That was a lodging fee/ bartering deal. Maybe some day I can crash at your house. The next morning, a nice surprise will be laying under your pin oak.

2. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

I would but I'm not taking anything I will be there sat only, I thought about stopping in OH but it's not open to the public untill the weekend, and I will be out there working through the week, coming back home and hitting the IL show sat. Just going to catch a couple of seminars and see who wins the award I sponsored at the banquet.

3. erik1

erik1 New Member

Heath Thanks for the input on the show. Everyone has worked hard over the years to give our members what they deserve in a state organization! Our membership continues to grow and everyones work just gets better and better!

With all of the midwestern states haveing great shows it is to bad we do not have a midwestern regional show! I did send an email to UTA with a few ideas. We will see what happens.

4. justin33

justin33 New Member

O.k., Back from indoor nationals(my ten year old daughter took 5th). Time to mount something for the show.
    I still have three days right.

5. TheBigGuy1976

TheBigGuy1976 New Member

3 days right you need more like 3 weeks the way you mount chubby LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. TheBigGuy1976

TheBigGuy1976 New Member

I am sorry ui forgot you are on a diet i will take the chubby part back!! LMAO

7. justin33

justin33 New Member

Mom says I'm husky
    My wife says I'm big boned ;D

8. TheBigGuy1976

TheBigGuy1976 New Member

They are just being nice ;D What time does the show start saturday

9. justin33

justin33 New Member

0800 evrything opens.
    0900 whitetail seminar (Kieth bowman)

10. justin33

justin33 New Member

make sure you don't have visible nails in the ears!!!!

11. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

who puts nails in the ears?

12. justin33

justin33 New Member

Me, to line up the ear canal. Then I take them out.
    Last year I had a 93 on my sheet that was crossed out and replaced with an 89 because I left the F*#$ing thing in. :-\

13. erik1

erik1 New Member

How did you get a nail in that turtles ear? ??? ??? ??? :p

14. justin33

justin33 New Member

Frameing nailer, ugh, ugh, ugh :D

15. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I started on mine tonight. It's of two L/S fighting bull elephants. I was inspired by Ray Hatfield!! LOL I hope their dry by Friday! I hope the comp room is large enough. I used 10 32p nails in the ears, thanks for reminding me.

16. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Elephants are mounted. Was a late night, but mission accomplished. Now if I can just find my WAGNER spray gun I'll be in business.