1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fat~Zap

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by ndawoods25, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Anyone try one on thier bird fleshing machine? Very curious how it works compared to the wire wheel.

2. cooper669

cooper669 New Member

I've never heard of it. Is it a replacement for the wire wheel? Where can it be found?

3. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

I'd like to here some feedback also.

4. Go to the link and then press products. http://www.trophetracker.com/

5. 130orbetter4me

130orbetter4me New Member

I just ordered one....i will let you guys know!!

6. carlymac

carlymac New Member

Sounds like they may be onto something here ???
    130orbetter, I'd like to see your review of the product after you've used it a time or two...They should have sent you one for free...like those cosumer product testing people get...

7. James Parrish

James Parrish Tundra Swan...Its What's For Dinner!

How many of you use 1 wheel for everything? I have a really soft old worn out wheel that I use for delicate birds like woodducks, teal, etc. I have a little stiffer one that I use for divers and sea ducks. And, I have one that is so stiff it will just about rip off your finger that I use for turkeys, swans, and big canadas. My point is that one wheel will not do all jobs efficiently in bird taxidermy.

8. I'm not sure if what your talking about is the same thing but in the post on using magnets that was just up the other day Jeremy was saying that the fat vac was a gimmick. I've seen it advertised in the supply catalogs "fat vac" is this the same thing???

9. The Fat Vac was like a small vacuume to suck fat. Total gimmick. This is a wheel to replace the (wire wheel). Looks like it would be delicate on those teals and woodies.

10. A good review would be more than welcome on this product. I am interested to but don't want to waste money for something thats not worth it! Thanks in advance.

11. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

Ditto

12. 130orbetter4me

130orbetter4me New Member

When i first opened the package i was skeptical, it didnt seem much stiffer than a toothbrush! I thought i'd been taken by another gimmick..

I used to mount around 100 birds a yr...now i rarely even take one in, since a career change and kids have came into my life...Obviously, i've wheeled my share of birds....I changed the wheel out last nite, i skinned the 2 green heads that i had took in...i was anxious to try my new wheel out, so i proceeded with caution. I noticed immediately it didnt seem to want to grab the skin like the wire wheel did...but yet it was aggressive...it will burn thru if too much pressure is used..i found that by just varying my pressure on the wheel it seemed to clean different areas of the skin easily. The Fat Zap didnt attack small areas of red meat as well as a wire brush...but no big deal, BUT... it did cut thru the fat and clean the feather butts nicely...& as with any delicate fowl, you might want to consider hand trimming fat from certain areas of the skin verses removing it with any wheel to avoid problems. Overall i was pleased and it lived up to it's claims, just start out slow and easy and get familiar with it's performance...JUST MY OPINION
    I'm curious to see how it works on geese and divers!!

13. Ditto on the review of the Fat-Zap wheel. Good for soft birds alittle lite for the geese etc.