1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Lake Country Replicas

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Manny, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Manny

Manny New Member

Wanting to make an order and I dont know what the difference is between the premier series and traditional are.

2. den007

den007 Active Member

Premier are scaled along seams.....clear fins. Go with these when you can. Some of the poses on "traditional" are not as natural either.

3. They have three lines, the Premier Simply requires assembly, and head junction work and fins set. Then the Traditional still has seam flashing and takes more work same as what you get from most replica makers.

4. agagne41

agagne41 New Member

I just ordered a red and sm repro. I have not used these before. What do you use to grind down the seams and fins? What do you use to smooth out the seams? Any other tips would be appreciated. thanks. Al

5. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

I use a dremel wih a narrow drum sander. Epoxie the seams smooth. Then finish with 600 gr wet sandpaper before priming.

6. den007

den007 Active Member

You can get the premier series ready to paint by ordering direct from Lake Country and skipping the supply catalogs. Talk to John Metz. He will get them to you any way you want.

7. Scrubby

Scrubby New Member

I just got one it was unassebled but was easy to put together fins and head locked rigth in and gils that is the way to go no seam work blanks are quite heavy but details in the pikes mouth was awesome. really liked it.

8. X2 I have done few of their Pike and everything fits like a glove. Besides being heavy they are fantastic. Was great to see you at the MI show Elmer and wish we could have talked more.