1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Would there be a market for a PROFESSIONAL shaving instructional video?

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by Rhino, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Rhino

Rhino Too many irons in the fire will put the fire out!

I am talking about an instructional video, and manual, the likes of which, have NEVER been seen before! Instructed by a shaver, that has been shaving 8-10 hours per day, sometimes 6 days per week, for WELL over 20 years, for commercial tannerys.

Would there be a market?

2. gunner62

gunner62 Gunners Buckhorn Taxidermy

W.I.
    Yes I think that there would be a market for such a DVD, myself I'm always willing to learn some thing new even after 20+ years.

3. Bear Claw

Bear Claw New Member

I'd buy that ;D

4. ljones

ljones 1994 wasco award winner

i think your on to something that most every taxidermist that has a machine would be interested in, several years ago i hand delivered a load of African skins to my tannery and was allowed to watch there shavers in action for 10 minutes or so and was truly amazed at how easy and they made it look. and how much area they covered in a single pass of the skin over the blade

5. red oak

red oak New Member

would buy for sure

6. francis

francis Member

yes i think so. i was very disappointed with the one i got when it comes to the shaving part.

7. Hartung

Hartung New Member

I’m a brain tanner doing mainly elk hides so probably not for me. But I recently saw a TV documentation about a very small tannery. They also showed the owner shaving a cape with such a machine (round blade) you guys are using in taxidermy.

That was the first time I real got a real good look at how the shaving “works”. And I was quite impressed to see how easy it is. From that point of view I would think that such a video would be a good idea and could become a seller.

But it should be produced by a professional film/video team.

Good luck to you.

8. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

Yes.....

9. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I've shaved hides for a few years but I know I'd still buy the DVD. There are still things that I "make do" that I've questioned about being possibly easier. I've watched those shavers at Carolina, and aside from getting ill seeing the volume of hides they were doing, I know that my machine doesn't funtion as smoothly as theirs. I'd like to see the "secret" to that success. Definite "YES" for me.

10. shammy

shammy New Member

I think it would be a seller.

11. remi609

remi609 Member

YES!!!!!!! OS get WASCO or one of the other suppliers to carry it! There is no other video like that!! Some company wouldpick that up!

12. No doubt about it,go for it,I know it will go big. 8)

13. Gary A

Gary A N. West Taxidermy 208-404-9706

I'd definetly like to improve my shaving speed and quality. Blade tuning in detail, how to shave lips/noses/eyes. Small game/African hides/hard to shave critters (like antelople), bears, pads etc. Specifics on shaving a wide variety of hides and tricks you've learned about all of them. The more tips and tricks w/demonstrations the better. gary

14. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

I'm in..

15. Nyati

Nyati I love tahr huntin

Put me down for one.

16. ultradyne

ultradyne New Member

Great idea,the one that came with mine was not very helpfull.

17. How long before i can get one?

18. ryanolson72

ryanolson72 Active Member

im in...

19. Yes sir

20. You betcha!