1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Would there be a market for a PROFESSIONAL shaving instructional video?

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by Rhino, Mar 21, 2010.

1. WT Killer. Do you own that video? I can probably bet my ASS that Aubrey will put together a far better instructional video.

2. verne

verne Well-Known Member

let me know when you have them ; I`ll buy one.

3. Dangitboy

Dangitboy Member

Let me know when you get the video out. I'm in.

4. wtkiller

wtkiller New Member

Aubrey all I was saying is others have done what you will do and some of the people on here may not know it I do have one dvd on fleshing and tanning but not the one that Keith made I have been thinking of getting one when you get your's out let me know as well and I will get that one as well I try and learn from as many people as I can olny to get better

5. OS... You might want to consider using several different machines.. I use a Capemaster but recently shaved at another taxidermists shop using a Dakota 4, I believe... Same principle, but a world of difference...

6. Go for it OLD SHAVER,get er done !!!!!!!!!!!! :)

7. Boxie

Boxie New Member

I'd pay you $100 for the DVD and give it to my tanner to view!! We know it would be worth more! Experience doesn't come cheap!

Boxie

8. Definitely put me down.... I would like to see how you do small mammals in detail. Thanks...

John Griffith

9. OS,
    Do you remember when we were training with Stan back in Texas? Remember the "black cat" code word. Anytime a taxidermist came to visit the tannery we had a code word that meant stop working. The union fleshers were so protective of the techniques used in shaving these hides. It was fiercely guarded in the fur trade up in New York and we were told that we would have our legs broken if we ever taught it to the general public.
    I have never believed that anyone would come looking for me if I trained people on the round knife, but you never know where a video might end up!! Just remember that while these kids are playing around with the "Taxidermy Mafia", there really is a set of Sicilian Italians that consider this serious stuff.
    Let me know if you want me to help you fit up for a new pair of concrete sneaks...LOL.

Be careful!
    David

10. So , any progress on this ?

11. Got too political for aubrey. I could do it, but Keith Daniels really has this dvd covered already.

12. Rhino

Rhino Too many irons in the fire will put the fire out!

Its kinda like what David said. A couple of days after I made this post, I found out that Keith Daniels had just made a shaving/tanning video, and Randy Life filmed it. From what I hear, its a very informative video, and well worth the money, so I figured, whats the point?

I Would be willing to do a shaving seminar, for some type of charity, or state organization, if I was ever asked to. Maybe film it, and sell copies for a worthy cause?

Yep David, you could have done one too, but Keith beat us to the punch! :'( For those of you that don't already know it, David is probably one of the best shavers on the planet!

13. let us know when it's out I'M IN!

14. Thanks for the info . Its been a few years since I have shaved anything, well I did shave a bear last year I guess. Its just nice to get usefull tips . I was thinking about buying a tanner and tanning my own stuff again, or part of them at least.

15. Actually Randy and Rosanna at Taxidermy Training Unlimited beat you to the punch (hey, I can do it too if Hawks and all the others can), I only did it because they asked!

16. Bruce Rittel, Gerald Tessier, Perry Stout all have been in fleshing videos. I feel the same way about doing seminars. Let the association get the money from filming.

17. it is one of many that need to be done by the right person on persons as alot can be accomplished a good instructional video done by an experienced person

18. most def, ill take one!!!! any info that will make my shaving easier is great!

19. OS another couple of things that may be covered are blade speed ? blade care and cleaning . At least in the US you have training seminars and such, here in oz there are only 2 or 3 taxi's that will help anyone learn , hard to get the leopards to change thier spots!

20. LGrant

LGrant Deer World Taxidermy

Yes for me!