1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Iowa Show is in 4 Day!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Jimmy Lawrence, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

The Iowa show is in 4 more days.

Who all from here is going to make it to the show??

Ill be there thursday setting up tables, and probably tweaking some mounts. Hope to see a few of you there.

Jimmy Lawrence
    Board Member

2. dbl.thraot_patch

dbl.thraot_patch New Member

Iowa
    Count me in. ;)

3. I'll be there expecting to get my eyes opened and my tail tucked between my cheeks. Hope to pick up some great tips from all you guys that have the time.

Corey

4. zubba

zubba New Member

Well, I suppose I should start my finish work then.

5. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I would, but the damn thing is still wet. LOL Can you say "fatal flaw"?

6. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Yeah I can say Fatal Flaw. Make sure my mount gets hung in the corner on this one. Never try to re-do something on the night before and late at night. I promise you will screw it up worse than what it was. :-[ I won't be there on person but I got a buddy that has me covered. ;D I'll actually be in Ohio at their show. Next year I'll try to make it to Iowa in person. ;) ;D

7. timberland

timberland New Member

i'll be there friday should be a good show can't wait

8. Jimmy Lawrence

I just put the fins on my fish today. I willl have it all the way done late tonight I hope. So far, no accidents yet. Now if the fin junctions look good, and it makes it to the show, I should be ok.

9. sverhunce

sverhunce New Member

you are working too fast slow down

10. Jimmy Lawrence

LOL. i just am glad to have it done. I had a minor mishap with a fin, but I think I can work it out.

I am ready to just relax, and enjoy the show. I don't care what happens, or how my fish does. Im gonna have one heck of a time!!! WOOOT WOOOT.

11. dbl.thraot_patch

Iowa
    Jimmy, what kind of a fish is that in your avatar? That thing is wild. Got any better pics of it?

12. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

It's a Pink Salmon. These are off his site.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Jimmy Lawrence

Thanks Cole!!!! I had that PinkSalmon at the Iowa show 2 years ago. did pretty well with it in MO also.

I have been tipping scales for the last 2 hours. I have one side of my fish done. Sealed it, and now gotta do my other side. Its the fish on my homepage, but repainted, and different movement with the fins.

I can't wait for the show and see all the nice pieces!!!

14. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I just finished up, my pieces are done and ready. I head out in the morning, so I'll see you all tomorrow!

15. zubba

zubba New Member

Same here. Woke up extra early this morning to finish a few things. Should arrive in Marshaltown sometime around noon tomorrow. See everyone then.

16. Jimmy Lawrence

I am here!!! Seen some good stuff already!!!

17. dbl.thraot_patch

Iowa
    See ya in about 5 hours! I'll be the one all jacked up on Mountain Dew. After working all night I will need the caffeine. :eek: