1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The ULTIMATE Locked Horns Of Death!

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by LordRusty, Mar 22, 2010.

1. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    I've seen plenty of locked antlered game, but this is a first for me!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I had no idea this was even possible! I guess anything is! Talk about a "Clash of the Titans!" This does it for me!​

John.

2. Sarge

Sarge A little too much Lord *hic*

I'll bet one has a broken neck and dragged the other down.

JMO

Jeff

3. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    In evenly matched opponents as we have here, I'm not certain one Buffalo can break anothers neck. More than likely they locked up, and struggled to the point of exhaustion. And in the heat of Africa, heat stroke and death will ensue very quickly. But do you realize the luck of stumbling across this scene before the predators and scavengers? Makes me think the Photog was there as it happened! Wild stuff, indeed!!!

John.

4. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

horns themselves dont apear locked as much as penetrating the skull of the other dagga-boy

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

We can only "assume" but I'd say the horn slid down like that when one of them died first. Remember, they'er inverted to what they started out with, but it's a phenomenal picture that I would never have imagined taking place to begin with and, as John says, staying there that long before lions and hyenas had ripped them apart.

6. Sarge

Sarge A little too much Lord *hic*

The one on top has blood from the nose and is Bloated. The one on the bottom is not bloated and doesn't have any blood on his points are dry as well but has a blood pool under the body and head head. It looks like they went past each other and backed up to get locked unless one completely Bulldog Roled the other just to get in that position. The body position makes you wonder how they ever got tangled in the first place, just to get them one head behind the other base to base just doesn't look right

7. shammy

shammy New Member

What Giants, What a find, thanks for posting John.

8. RumRunner

RumRunner Nicholas Dugas, (337) 205-1269

crazy find, thanks for sharing LR

9. it doesnt even really look like there locked to me.. just looks like one was layed on top of the other

10. muscle20

muscle20 New Member

Yes its hard to believe that it could happen, amazing !

11. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

That is quite an accomplishment there :eek:

12. Great pic, thanks for sharing.

13. My O My!!!! I would have liked to be there to witness that. Totally incredible. Thanks John. Skullery

14. Would be neat to have a live cam on that like the africam.com site You could have lions eating on one and hyena's eating on the other and still plenty left over for the vultures. Skullery

15. LionHeart

LionHeart New Member

Nice pics for sure. They are locked big time :eek:, the end of each their left horn is in their skull.
    The way they are locked, these beast probably had both heads completely down when they hit, that's why they are opposite like that.

16. Matt

Matt Active Member

Wow, that is a once in a lifetime shot! Thanks for sharing John, that's alot of meat laying there!

17. adkgirl

adkgirl Active Member

I think I would pass on that meal, Matt. Great pics, John. Thanks.....

18. +2

Also look a little bloated to be a fresh kill.