1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

speed painting- coyote head

Discussion in 'Wildlife Artwork and Crafts' started by BVanKirk, Mar 23, 2010.

1. BVanKirk

BVanKirk package deal

after talking with a few artist friends of mine this week i decided to experiment and drop a few of the things i rely on in painting just to see what would happen. i havent been satisfied with my studio practice as of late so they basically pushed me to not rely on photography, but to draw from the raw subject... literally raw, as in the thing was thawing as i worked, leaking blood and getting darker. also not allowing myself to sit down or get realy close to the canvas OR use itty bitty brushes that i use for most of my work. its not exactly a finished work or anything, more like a 6 hour sketch

[​IMG]

2. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

Looks Good, Bailey.

3. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman $90 for your fur made into trapper hat or mitts!

So whatcha complaining about? Looks good to me! I love the teeth and the blood pool... that's what caught my eye.

4. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Very cool. wow that blood in the painting looks like it's about to run off the canvas...so lifelike

5. kinetic

kinetic New Member

nice. i'm amazed that your colors are so spot-on!

this has a more "raw" feeling to it than your other paintings, which is really great given what the subject is ;)

6. Gatorjaw

Gatorjaw New Member

That's a damn chupacobra! Looks great

7. Very nice :)

8. RumRunner

RumRunner Nicholas Dugas, (337) 205-1269

really cool B

9. BVanKirk

BVanKirk package deal

i figure 3-4 more hours and ill be done

10. artskulls

artskulls New Member

very nice

11. exactly what I was thinking....... your eye for matching and creating color is so amazing!