1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Hide paste

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Gerry, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Todd K

Todd K New Member

Buckeye Supreme does not dry clear. Maybe the Buckeye BA, but not the Supreme.

2. oles

oles luv2stuff

Re: Hide paste(reply to GERRYS comment)

Wouldnt that be like being in Boyscouts, and buying girlscout cookies? Why not Support the buisness you are in?

3. kebees4

kebees4 New Member

Ohio
    Try some FRP adhesive from Lowes/Home Depot. Looks smells like hide paste. It gives a very strong bond.

4. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Darrell, thats what sold me on McKenzie paste. I wasnt really looking for another glue, I liked BS. But they sent me a sample, and I had a really poor quality african cape that was slippy, and the client was there and wanted me to try to slip the cape over the form anyway. So I used the McKenzie as a lube to get the cape on, and while the cape held up, I went ahead and mounted it using two T pins as my "fingers". I couldnt touch the skin or push it to the form in any way. Yet the next day, that cape sucked right down to that form, poor tanning and all. If that doesnt sell a glue, I cant think what would. If ANY glue would not have worked there, you couldnt have blamed it!

5. Good testimony Bill.

6. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Just for the record, I am only saying the positive of this glue and in no way implying that any other product mentioned by others didnt work. I prefer air dry glues for the mount, and enjoy high quality epoxies from EpoGrip whenever I need an epoxy procedure.