1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

rehydrate

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by snd, Mar 26, 2010.

1. snd

snd Member

Is it possible to rehydrate a fish tail? I don't like the look as its drying,must of bump it during the dry stage.Want to rehydrate and set again if at all possible, any suggestions ......

2. bnoody

bnoody Member

Fins usually don't fully rehydrate, but usually soften enough that you can rework them to a certain extent. I have never done additional damage to a fin re-hydrating it so it seems safe to try.

3. Jim L

Jim L New Member

I had to rehydrate a trout tail and what i did was put it on a mounting stand and then tilt it so the fish is vertical and then lower the tail into a bowl of water. I came back a few hours later and was able to reset it just fine.

4. snd

snd Member

Thanks I'm going to give it a try. Will let you know how well it worked out....

5. snd

snd Member

Just got done re hydrating the fish tail, it was pliable enough to recard.This time I used plenty of clips(cloths pins) and I will be more careful not to bump into,you know stuff happens.I let you know when it dries the final result. Thanks again for the help this site is the best, alot of knowledge that people share, thanks again.........