1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Dollar(whitetail) Reference(more added)

Discussion in 'Deer & Gamehead Photos' started by AFWS, Mar 26, 2010.

1. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

Few pics that might help someone out ;D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

Re: Dollar(whitetail) Reference

Nice Thanks!

3. oldboar

oldboar Taxidermy...do the impossible:)

LOL

Had to chuckle to myself....I haven't seen a mounted whitetail yet that looks anywhere close to your reference pictures!

Yup, we're dealing with a "Crouton" and controlling the subtle "laying down of hair" is almost impossible. Really see it around nostrils, chin, eyes, etc.

Nice thanks much!

Jim

4. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

Not seeing the funny factor.If you have an issue with the pics then argue with Dollar ;) after all HE IS A LIVE DEER.

5. Glen Conley

Glen Conley KARMA GOOSE R.I.P. 2006-2006

I see Jim's funny factor. The forms you buy don't often look like a deer. There is talk amongst ourselves behind the scene. Who started this thing of what deer makes the standard? Now really, look how big those chins are, and look how thick the lips are. That doesn't even count ol' George's bottom lip extending way past his nose pad. These are some really great photos. We need to see more of the same two deer, and open this one up for some heavy duty discussion. The first thing we would have to ask is does the good taxidermist alter the form to look like a real live deer, or does he further embellish an already heavily stylized form?

6. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

More pics soon to follow ;D If they look as good on the screen as printed ,they should REALLY help someone out ;D

7. Re: Dollar(whitetail) Reference

thanks AFWS & Dollar ;D

8. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

Check out this "BLACK" nictitating membrane ;D I have yet to figure out why some pics are crystal clear and others are blurry :-\

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

More ;D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

awesome pics, that one inner ear detail 3rd up from the bottom is one of the best reference pics I've seen for that.

11. excellent photos, thank you!

12. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Very nice photos. You sure blew away some perceptions on anatomy. Or as Glen said; stylization.
    So many things jump out at me in these photos. Think about ALL the discussions on just lip lines over the years and then go back and look at these pics. Pretty short and curvy wouldn't you say. The color references are great as well. Again, Great photos. And I get Jim's tongue in cheek humor in this.

13. after the shot

after the shot N.E.A.T. Board Member

thanks for sharing

14. AWESOME photos! Guess I gotta give it to ya on the reflective eyes also ::) I see blue... ;)

15. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

Great pics, shows me one thing for sure, most manufactured eyes out there have way too much sclera and not enough brown iris.

16. Kittrell Hill

Kittrell Hill 9 Beard Merriam 2008 Meade Co SD

Thanks Great pics!!!!!

17. deerhunt1985

deerhunt1985 Only dead fish go with the flow

very helpful! that eye photo helps me in ways i couldnt get from other photos, thanks for sharing i bet you have a STACK of photos, i know i would

18. Great pictures. Thank you very much.

19. Thanks for posting the pics. i am just finishing my second wt mount. These pics will be very helpful as I do the finishing work.

Scott
    1973cj5

20. JBuresh@ICT

JBuresh@ICT Turkey Creek Furs and Wildlife Studio

marked, Thanks for posting.