1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Need some advice from the masters !

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by wildwings, Mar 27, 2010.

1. wildwings

wildwings New Member

Any how here goes I went thru a moment in time where sometimes I feel I lost a step and could use some advice about my mounts. I think I need to step it up a notch. By the avg fish guys standards my fish are ok. However just want to see if you guys are seeing anything I should be thinking about working on. Just to note these are customers fish. Any how open to any input. It could be just myself going thru that stage where doing the same thing over and over is getting boring also. Any how open to any and all comments. Let me have it. It will only make me a better taxidermist/artist !

So here is a few pictures of fish I just finished !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ron K

Ron K New Member

I think your next step would be to go to your state taxi. assocication comp. show and enter. You will get a one on one critique from a master at the show. Iknow that will help. Ron Knoll

3. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Critiques on here will be really helpfull, but I'm going to agree with Ron and say you should enter it in your state comp.

4. wildwings

wildwings New Member

Oh I compete however I didn't get anything done for this year. Now in 2 states I have to compete at Master level. However long story short I started another job and it feels almost over whelming knowing I have customer work waiting to be done. So basically it feels like I am rushing things done. As for the comments the guys are PMing me thanks for the insight. The paint is one of my issues I know I really have to work on and I have tried everything from powders to pencils to paints. I just haven't found the nitch I am looking for. Also thanks for the white out idea I thought about it. Since normally reproductions now days are almost looking better then skin mounts. Its like having a blank canvas to start from. Also alot easier to layer colors on white background.