1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

My First Beetles.......And a question.

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by beetleguy85, Mar 27, 2010.

1. beetleguy85

beetleguy85 New Member

Canada
    Okay so i have my first beetles,Which aren't Dermestes Maculatas.I think the scientific name is Dermestes Lardarius.Anyway i'm quite happy but have a new question:
    About how long after they mate will i see larvae?I have seen them mate.Males are really tiny compared to females.I have 1 male and 1 female and the female is like 1-1 1/2 inches long.Are they normally this big?

2. NO! That would be a cockroach.

3. beetleguy85

beetleguy85 New Member

Canada
    Trust me it aint a roach i've seen millions of them and we don't get them here.

4. within 4 days

5. 1 dermestid should fit on a dime

6. Most all of us use dermestid. Send a picture of the Dermestes Maculatas.
    x2 with toxic. all dermestid will be no longer than 1/2 - 5/8 long.

Dermestid have a lifespan of about 5 months. 1/2 their life as a juvenille and other as a adult.
    Juvenilles do most of the cleaning. Adults do eat but prefer to mate.

Hmmmmmmmm. I think I would rather eat. LOL

7. Bone Heads

Bone Heads Kristen M. Armenia

Dermestes lardarius you say. There's a kid(s) on here, goes by the name of "Dermestidbeetlez" and "dermestid", look him up and PM him. He keeps lardarius.

8. Spysar

Spysar Member

Are you from Saskatchewan? And did you find these in a mattress or a crackerbox?

9. bulldog4949

bulldog4949 "Mounting your Memories"

Well lookey lookey. It is our friend dermestid, mike98, dermestid beetlez......man he never lets up does he???