1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

ARTISTIC SCHOOL of TAXIDERMY...see what's NEW!!!

Discussion in 'Training' started by Troy Rose, Mar 27, 2010.

1. ARTISTIC SCHOOL of TAXIDERMY see whats NEW

Hi,

I have a new chow chow puppy, who is just over 8 weeks old. I have been trying to socialize him as much as possible, but he is scared of new people. Has anyone had this issue before?

2. Troy Rose

Troy Rose Learning...one of life's greatest treasures!

Artistic School of Taxidermy Recent Student Pictures 12/18/2014 Janae from Utah returned for a few days to learn birds. Her mounts were not dry enough to paint, but none the less they turned out GREAT! Janae had previously been here and learned gameheads and lifesize. Fantastic job Janae! It was great having you back!!!
    [​IMG]

3. Troy Rose

Artistic School of Taxidermy Recent Student Pictures 1/8/2015 Paul returned to learn lifesize mounts and to do the finish work on his pieces he did the first time he came. Paul brought a small bear he harvested a couple of years ago. We had to do some major form alterations to make it fit, but it came out fantastic as you can see! For those of you out there that are wanting to learn, click on Artistic School of Taxidermyat the bottom of this response!
    [​IMG]

4. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Are my eyes going wacky or is that photo out of proportion?!!!

Great looking work!

Vic

5. Naturesway07

Naturesway07 New Member

Troy all your students are putting out amazing work from your beginners to your advanced students you're teaching techniques and skills come across in what they are doing. If you're looking for a taxidermy school Troy's talent and techniques are second to none. Hands down one of the Best!!!

6. Troy Rose

Bill mentioned in his review to "DO THE MATH"To be quite honest with you, I myself had never done the math, so I did, and here are the results:​

Artistic School of Taxidermy vs. Other Schools
    Two Week Course $5400 Five Week Course $3500 -$4800
    Total Hours 140-170 Total Hours 180 - 200
    Specimens Additional Specimens Additional
    Meals Included Meals 35 x $35 per day $1225
    Lodging Included Lodging 35 x $50 per day $1750
    Travel to and from You Already There Travel to and from for meals/lodging$175
    Number of Students 1-2 Number of Students 2-10
    Totals $5400 Totals $6675 - $7775

Now, for what it's worth, what is THREE WEEKS of your time WORTH? I'm not really sure you can feed yourself for $35 per day if you eat out, and I don't think you could stay at a Motel Six for $50 a day. But all of that aside, it all comes down to the QUALITY of teaching you receive and the outcome of your work...PICTURES are worth a thousand words. Please feel free to visit my website for a side by side comparisons of actual photos of student's work from Artistic School of Taxidermy and photos of student's work from other schools.

7. Troy Rose

Artistic School of Taxidermy Recent Student Pictures 2/26/2015 Just finished up 9 great days with Travis from Southern Colorado. Travis did a nice elk with detachable antlers, a beautiful antelope a mule deer and a rag horn. Travis, you were a pleasure to teach! We did manage to get the antelope and deer finished ad the weather here has been fantastic this winter! Awesome job Travis!
    [​IMG]

8. Troy Rose

Artistic School of Taxidermy Recent Student Pictures 3/14/2015 Just completed a 9 day session with Dennis from Oklahoma. Dennis mounted up two whitetails and a turkey while he was here and he did a fantastic job! We were not able to do finish work on the whitetails, but as you can see, they turned out awesome. Dennis also learned how to do simple habitat as he made a nice base for his turkey. Dennis you were a pleasure to teach. Great job my friend!
    [​IMG]

9. Troy Rose

WAY TO GO JOSEPH, CONGRATS!!!

Joseph was a past student of mine and just this last weekend won the "3 Hour Bird Challenge"
    at the Utah Taxidermist Association Competition. Excellent Job Joseph!!!
    [​IMG]

10. Troy Rose

Awesome Job Mike!!!

Mike, a past student of mine, entered his "Two Otters Swimming" piece in the Novice Division at the Wisconsin Taxidermist Association and as you can see, he did very well, Way to go Mike!!!
    [​IMG]

11. Troy Rose

Artistic School of Taxidermy Recent Student Pictures 3/19/2015 Hey everyone, here is JoAnne with some fantastic pieces she did over a 16 day period. The pheasant wasn't quite dry enough to paint, but everything else was completed and came out GREAT! JoAnne, you were a dedicated student and a pleasure to teach! Safe travels home!
    [​IMG]

12. hounddog

hounddog New Member

If you are on the fence as to which school to choose, I can assure you that Troy's school will instill the confidence and technique you are searching for. I attended his school and have learned at other quality facilities. The package deal of food and lodging combined with the longer work days you are able to put in do not compare to the others. If you are seeking to learn the art of taxidermy why not learn from an artist that has a history of producing award winning pieces?

13. Troy Rose

I just wanted to thank everyone with the California Association of Taxidermists for having me Judge at their event. Met some great people and Judged some very nice pieces. Thanks again!

14. Troy Rose

Thought I would share some great looking pieces a past student of mine just completed. Jay owns and operates River's Edge Wildlife Art in Eastern Idaho. Thanks for sharing Jay. Keep up the fantastic work!!!
    [​IMG]

15. Troy Rose

Artistic School of Taxidermy Recent Student Pictures 4/5/2015 Just finished up a fun week with Jon from Wyoming. Jon came to learn birds and rugs. As you can see, Jon did a couple of really nice birds (not painted) and he did a nice coyote which I will post when we get it back from the felter. Jon, you were a pleasure teach and your pieces came out GREAT! Safe travels home and thanks again for choosing Artisitc School of Taxidermy!
    [​IMG]

16. Troy Rose

Artistic School of Taxidermy Recent Student Pictures 4/18/2015 Well, once again, I had the pleasure to instruct a great student over the past 10 days. Rob, from North Dakota put together some really nice deer mounts! Had a blast teaching you the art Rob! Looking forward to your return! Always nice to see my students smile in their pictures :mad: Safe travels home and thanks again for choosing Artisitc School of Taxidermy!
    [​IMG]

17. HeadHunter1

HeadHunter1 New Member

Well where to begin! Just returned home from the most incredible experience attending Troy's school. First off, I was a total "rookie" when it came to taxidermy. I spent 10 days learning deer heads, antler repair and antler restoration. As many have stated previously the accommodations are 5 star, Troys house and shop are incredible as are all the meals he prepares for you. I think I actually only finished 3 of all the meals he prepared, not because of the quality but the quantity. I was definately not hungry when the meal was over or during the day. As for the training, Troy is definitely the "Professor" of taxidermy. If you are looking for a school to attend, look no further! From day one, Troy's method of teaching, and "system" of putting a piece together can be learned by anyone, I'm proof positive! One look at the heads I put together, and the repairs on the antlers speak volumes as to the attention to detail Troy not only teaches but requires of his students. I can't count how many times I was told "you're close" or "needs work" during the 10 days. If everything isn't perfect you will take it apart and do it again, once again the reason that Troy has achieved the countless accolades he has. When considering schools to attend, I did my research. There are countless "schools" out there, all it took was one look at the quality or lack of was evident from the pictures on the schools websites. Also the one on one delivery provided by Troy is incredible. Your day begins at 8 a.m. and ends at approximately 8 p.m., but the shop is open for you around the clock. I utilized this a couple times to keep on schedule and complete my pieces. There is no doubt, that I can complete the same level of game heads at home after only ten days of training. As I stated before Troy has a "system" that allows anyone to succeed. I will be attending Troy's school again in the future for birds and lifesize. Once again, if you are undecided on what school to attend, LOOK NO FURTHER, Troy's Artistic School of Taxidermy is the only place to attend. Thank you again Troy for teaching me the art and making a dream come true, take care of Cooper.

18. Joe kaczmarski

Joe kaczmarski New Member

What a great time, I can't say enough good things about the time I spent in this class. Troy was there every step of the way to help me do things the right way and made it a lot easier to learn. The way he explained things and demonstrated techniques really opened my eyes to what really goes into taxidermy when your passionate and want to show it in your work. I thank Troy for being the one to show me what it takes. The wildlife on his property was unreal I saw so many deer and elk I lost count while the company of his shop mascot cooper was fun to have around while putting in long hours in the shop. Troy is very humble about how much he has accomplished as a professional taxidermist and I have no doubt he will soon be known as the worlds best all around taxidermist. Thanks again Troy for the head start in my dream of being a taxidermist.

19. Troy Rose

Artistic School of Taxidermy Recent Student Pictures 4/19/2015 Spent 6 great days teaching Joe from New Hampshire the art of taxidermy. Joe put together a couple of really nice whitetails and an awesome 1/2 lifesize bear. As you can see, Joe's pieces came out fantastic! Joe, you were a very meticulous student for detail and perfection! Had a great time teaching you! Thanks again for choosing Artisitc School of Taxidermy!

[​IMG]

20. Troy Rose

Artistic School of Taxidermy Recent Student Pictures 5/1/2015 Spent 5 days with Tom from Southern Oregon doing gameheads. Tom did a great job on a blacktail and a mule deer as you can see!!! Thanks again Tom for choosing Artisitc School of Taxidermy for your learning experience! Smile next time :D

[​IMG]