1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

ARTISTIC SCHOOL of TAXIDERMY...see what's NEW!!!

Discussion in 'Training' started by Troy Rose, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Troy Rose

Troy Rose Learning...one of life's greatest treasures!

DSCF2151.JPG Artistic School of Taxidermy Recent Student Pictures 12/14/2017 Had the pleasure of instructing a young man by the name of Andrew from Central Utah. Andrew dove into gameheads and large life-size and as you can see he surfaced with some stellar pieces. Andrew, if I ever invent a self sewing machine for critters, you will be the first to know! Thanks again for choosing Artistic School of Taxidermy! Keep in touch my friend! www.artisticschooloftaxidermy.com

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  2. Troy Rose

DSCF2154.JPG Artistic School of Taxidermy Recent Student Pictures 12/15/2017 Here is some great bird work that Vaughndavid put together while he was here at Artistic School of Taxidermy. Vaughndavid found out just how important it is to do a good good job repairing holes and how much sewing you have to do before and after you put it together. Had a great time teaching you the art and thanks for choosing Artistic School of Taxidermy!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018

3. Afish7

Afish7 New Member

I wanted to take the time to share my experience at artistic taxidermy. I went there with the hopes of learning just shoulder mounts for my first trip to school. What I received exceeded my expectations. Troy keeps his shop very organized and has very high expectations of how you treat his tools. I noticed immediately that Troy takes tremendous pride in what he does and how he does it. Troy gives a lot of one on time but knows exactly when to step back and let you work on what he’s shown you. His shop has a very laid back atmosphere at the same time while maintaining professionalism. The amount of knowledge I gained from taxidermy alone far exceeded my expectations. The thing I wasn’t expecting to learn was the business aspect of taxidermy. I didn’t realize how much knowledge I would be leaving with in such a short time. Troy has a no nonsense way of motivating you when he can see that you need it. I really believe if I could adopt Troy’s attention to detail, his professionalism and his passion for perfection I think my opportunities will be endless. I’m very much looking forward to returning in the spring to do some life sized mounts. I’m going to soak up every bit of knowledge Troy has to offer. Starting my business I believe I couldn’t have picked a better teacher or school to start this chapter of my life.

4. Troy Rose

DSCF2160.JPG Artistic School of Taxidermy Recent Student Pictures 1/28/2018 Had the pleasure of instructing a great guy from Southern Oregon. Mike made the trek to learn how to put a nice mule deer together. What made this training experience even more special was the fact that Mike shot the 1/2 life-size last fall and the pedestal bucks were taken the year before by him and his wife! Mike and Lisa, I enjoyed your stay! Thanks for choosing Artistic School of Taxidermy!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    pir^2h likes this.
  5. Troy Rose

DSCF2166.JPG

6. Troy Rose

DSCF2168.JPG

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  7. Troy Rose

8. Troy Rose

DSCF2173.JPG

9. Troy Rose

DSCF2179.JPG

10. Troy Rose

Hello Taxinetter's, sorry for not posting in ages, but here are some pictures of what my students have been up to since I last posted. I think each and everyone of my students for taking the time to research and discover Artistic School of Taxidermy. You all did a fantastic job! If you don't see your picture it's because I still need to transfer images from my iPhone. Wishing everyone a very safe and blessed Holiday Season! Scroll down through and enjoy.
    DSCF2183.JPG DSCF2195.JPG DSCF2198.JPG DSCF2202.JPG DSCF2208.JPG DSCF2209.JPG DSCF2216.JPG DSCF2222.JPG DSCF2224.JPG DSCF2229.JPG

11. Troy Rose

And a few more
    DSCF2192.JPG DSCF2230.JPG DSCF2233.JPG DSCF2236.JPG DSCF2239.JPG DSCF2243.JPG

12. Loren Davidson

Loren Davidson Member

I just completed a section of training with Troy and I am blown out of the water by his instruction. He let's you work things out but is always there to help you when you need it. I am very confident that I can turn out an amazing game head now. (I might take twice as long as Troy, he makes it look pretty easy! Lol) I am very happy with his instruction and pretty confident in my own abilities now. Troy didn't ask me or even make a hint that I should post a review. If you have any questions about the training please p.m. me. It is a great training!

Attached Files:

pir^2h likes this.