1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

ARTISTIC SCHOOL of TAXIDERMY...see what's NEW!!!

Discussion in 'Training' started by Troy Rose, Mar 27, 2010.

1. DDCalls

DDCalls New Member

Re: One On One Training in Idaho

Another

Attached Files:

• LS2.jpg
      LS2.jpg
      File size:
      105.4 KB
      Views:
  2. DDCalls

DDCalls New Member

another

Attached Files:

• LS1.jpg
      LS1.jpg
      File size:
      104.7 KB
      Views:

3. DDCalls

DDCalls New Member

Another

Attached Files:

• LS5.jpg
      LS5.jpg
      File size:
      92.4 KB
      Views:
  4. DDCalls

DDCalls New Member

another

Attached Files:

• LS3.jpg
      LS3.jpg
      File size:
      50.8 KB
      Views:
  5. DDCalls

DDCalls New Member

Last one

Attached Files:

• ant3.jpg
      ant3.jpg
      File size:
      103.4 KB
      Views:
  6. MonSquires

MonSquires New Member

I'm very interested! Going to get in touch with you as soon as possible Troy! Thanks for offering this!

7. Re: Artistic School of Taxidermy's outstanding student work...

I am new to taxidermy and wanted to go to a school to learn. I contacted Troy Rose and after a long conversation reserved a 7-day course. When I arrived it was a beautiful place on top of a hill over looking the rolling mountains of Kooskia Idaho. The studio was well equipped and the accommodation were awesome!! You will not spend much time in your studio bedroom as I spent from 8am to 8pm and sometimes 10 pm in the studio and by the way be prepared to gain a few pounds as the food was great!!! The room and board is included!! When you wake up in the mornings you can see elk, deer, and bear from the kitchen and receive visits throughout the day from the resident pheasants. During my seven day class I mounted a Blacktail, Antelope, Golden Eye and a merganser. These classes are all hands on, bring a note book and a camera because I probably forgot more than I remembered. Troy can accommodate the beginner to the advanced student and African classes. After my class Troy has always been there to answer any question and give me guidance and critique my work, which is invaluable.

8. Troy Rose

Troy Rose Learning...one of life's greatest treasures!

Re: Artistic School of Taxidermy's outstanding student work...

Artistic School of Taxidermy Recent Student Pictures 2/3/2011 After 7 very long days, Robert emerged with some beautiful pieces and one that you would need to see in person to appreciate. The elk Robert did was an absolute stunner of a piece...I made multiple attempts to aquire the cape from him but he kept saying it was PRICELESS ???...Excellent job Robert!

[​IMG]

9. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Troy I spent some time being inspired by the exceptional work of both Student and teacher! Well done! I love to see folks loving what they learn!

Rick Krane

10. Jordan76

Jordan76 New Member

I just finished seven days of training withTroy. I wanted to drop a few lines about the training I received. I had been looking for some one on one training for a couple of years, the name Troy Rose came up quit often with high regards. I contacted Troy about some training and he was very flexible with his schedule. Troy was very willing to work around the time frame I had to work with. I brought two mule deer, an antelope, and an elk for the training. We spent seven days and nights in the shop training, the shop was always left open and available for me to work in while I was there. From the time I got there to the time I left I was trying to soak up as much information from Troy as I could. His teaching and ability to make things look so easy are amazing! From the training, to the shop, and living accommodations, everything was first class and more than I expected! Thanks Troy for the great starting foundation in taxidermy. Robert Jordan

11. Troy Rose

Artistic School of Taxidermy Recent Student Pictures 2/20/2011 Just finished up 6 long days with Cory from Mason City, Iowa. Cory was accompanied by his very sweet wife Keitha. Cory came to learn gameheads and turkeys. Cory's passion was whitetails, but little did he know he would become a Turkey Bird Man :eek:. Cory did an sweet full strut gobbler, a beautiful pedestal whitetail and a shoulder mount whitetail. Cory, you were a pleasure to instruct and an outstanding student! Great JOB!!!

[​IMG]

12. brokentine

brokentine New Member

I just wanted to let some of the folks out there wanting to learn anything, and I mean anything in the art of taxidermy from birds to to doing a lifesize competition elk this is the man you need to talk to. I just finished up on a 6 day course with Troy learning gameheads and mounting a strutting turkey, and left with my head spinning. The way Troy teaches makes a person of any ability able to grasp the concept that he is trying to get across to you. You will truly never meet a man with as much passion for teaching as Troy, he works side by side with you till you have gone as far as you could for the day. While learning taxidermy with Troy take advantage of the TOP NOTCH room and board. The meals were to die for, and your room makes it seem like your on vacation. Almost everymorning my wife and I were able to see deer and turkeys coming in right next to our living quarters, what a better way to start the day, well maybe the breakfast was better.

If you have been looking into taxidermy for awhile and you were hesitant, because you though the schooling may be to much, or you feel you may not have the ability to make a go of it then just give Troy a call, I can guarantee that after that phone call you will walk away saying wow this is the guy to teach me. Talking with Troy over the days he explained schooling should be affordable for anyone, weather your a beginner, or have a taxidermy background. Let me tell ya, I drove from Iowa, almost 1700 miles just to learn from Troy, and I would do it again. I learnd so much, and my mounts came out so lifelike it was amazing. Troy will take the time as you mount your piece and explain how the anatomy of the animal will alter hair patterns, ear placement, jaw structure, and ect. It really does come down to more than throwing a cape on and stitching it up. Hey Troy I can not thank you enough on the knowledge that you gave me, and the friendship that was made with my wife and I. I am on a mission now to work on a competition turkey. When I come out again to learn lifesize, I'll bring the cheetos!

13. smallfish

smallfish New Member

The one on one is exactly what you need you get the individual attention you deserve and after all its your money and you want the BEST TEACHER and Best taxidermist you can find to learn from.

14. Troy Rose

Artistic School of Taxidermy Recent Student Pictures 3/12/2011 Wow, I don't know where time went, but 5 days have flown by and once again, some more outstanding work from a studious student has been produced. Mark from Carson City, Nevada came to learn birds and habitat...and man did he ever. Mark has a love for waterfowl and it showed in his work...Mark thanks for your words of wisdom...who said you cant make a rock out of...you did awesome man!!! Lets try a group of chukars next time ;D

[​IMG]

15. Re: Artistic School of Taxidermy's outstanding student work...

Troy:
    Thanks for the excellent instruction I received and the wonderful hospitality.
    I highly recommend Troy to anyone that is interested in learning taxidermy the right way. I have a new outlook on Bird Taxidermy after spending 5 days with Troy. He truly is an Artist. If you are looking for some excellent one on one training, beautiful surroundings and excellent food (lots of it), do yourself a favor and learn from a master.
    This was an excellent investment of my time and money.
    Once again, Big thanks. I will be back!!!

Mark J Livengood
    Carson City, NV

16. Troy Rose

Troy,

Just wanted to say thanks again for the excellent training I received. When I got home, I looked at all of my old mounts and laughed. They were removed and given to new homes. Only the best will adorn my walls after the training I received from you. What a difference a week makes. I look at bird attitude in a whole new light. I am spending many hours in the shop, in an attempt to perfect the skills you have taught me.
    The food, the accommodations and the excellent instruction were greatly appreciated!

Thanks again!

Mark J Livengood
    Washoe Valley/Carson City, NV

17. Troy Rose

Artistic School of Taxidermy Recent Student Pictures 3/28/2011 Just spent two really cool days with Doug instructing him on antler art. We were not able to finish the floor lamp, but we got it drilled and ready for wiring. Doug, I hope I eased your frustrations from your prior attempts! Your stuff came out fantastic!!! Can I have it for inside my house?... :eek:

[​IMG]

18. Troy Rose

Here is a nice photo Doug took of a tom strutting just outside the studio window. I think Doug had as much fun taking pictures of the wildlife as he did creating his antler chandelier and floor lamp.

[​IMG]

19. bloodytaxidermist

bloodytaxidermist New Member

Troy,
    It's been a while!!
    I miss you and want to thank you for helping me as well. You really are amazing at what you do and I hope someday I can be as good. I learned a lot from you. I want to come back sometime!
    Gunner sends his love!
    Ashleigh :)

20. drjack

drjack New Member

Antler Art Session

What a great experience! I just completed a two day session with Troy Rose focusing on antler art. After several years of trying on my own with limited success, I made arrangements to go up and have Troy assist me in creating an antler chandelier and floor lamp. The scenery was awesome and there was wildlife everywhere. I managed to get some great photos of deer and turkey on his property. The elk were a bit too far away to photograph, but were neat to watch none the less. I conversed at length with Troy about learning taxidermy. He is a true artist. After my initial experience, I've set a goal to participate in a ten day course. After which, apply what I've learned for five to six months, then return for another ten days to refresh and go over things I find more difficult...and to learn more advanced techniques. On a side note, the accommodations were well beyond my expectations...you will not go hungry or thirsty!

Doug Jack
    Eagle, Idaho