1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Just mounted

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Daniel M., Mar 28, 2010.

1. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Ohio
    I have learned so much from this site and I really appreciate the immense amount of knowledge that many of you share to help beginners like me. But, I'm not nearly as good as I would like to be so if any of you pro's see something that's not right or that could be changed, please let me know. Thanks for your time, Daniel

Attached Files:

2. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Ohio
    The last one is one that I mounted earlier. And I used bondo for the ears on both mounts.

Attached Files:

3. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

Not to bad Daniel. The earbutts look long and skinny. The eye shape is darn close, but look a little heavy in the back corner. The "tear ducts" also need to be tucked more, they should be hair to hair.

4. swills

swills New Member

Your antler bases look too high. Measure from the back corner of the eye to the antler base on the deer before skinning and try to match it. The distance is generally 2-3 fingers apart.

5. The main problem that stands out (like Brian observed) ear butts too long and thin. I noticed the white patch on the neck may be overstretched ,possibly - looks narrow- may just be the deer. Pretty descent job overall Daniel.