1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Material cost

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by fester, Mar 28, 2010.

1. fester

fester New Member

Hello all
    I am new to tanning my own work and I am therefore new to the cost of materials. I am currently tanning 2 Timberwolves for a couple of rugs(first attempt). I thought that I would let everyone have a good laugh over my over sight, so as to speak. I live in a VERY remote area on Northern Ontario, fly-in only. I ordered everything that I needed for this process and for the most part all went well, except for the salt issue. I ordered 2 - 20 KG bags of salt (44 lbs each). This cost 9$ per bag. The bags were picked up by a delivery service in Thunder Bay and taken to the airport, that cost an additional 12$. They were then put on the plane and sent up to me. The cost of shipping via air was a whapping 90$. So the grand total cost me 110$ for 2 bags of salt. I am still in shock. What can I say - OOPS, although that is not what my wife will say if she finds out. That salt honey - I had that for sometime now. After 36 years of I know how to answer without really anwsering, it doesn't always work. Trouble waters ahead!

Has anyone else have any OOPS moments.

Fester

2. Where are you located in Northern Ont?

3. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Yes on day I was sleeping at friends house and woke up next to his wife OOPSSSSSSSSSSS LOL Nah I never did that I think, but I did step in dog dung barefoot and it was warm!