1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Michael P., Pedestal Back DVD

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by bmdakk, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Yes , I would buy one.

82.6%
  2. No, I wouldnt buy one.

17.4%
  1. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

I think you should do a dvd of your pedestal backs.

2. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Why not just do a tutorial and share what you know ... why do you want to make money off of your fellow Taxidermists? I know, Michael ... it sucks like hell when people tell you that ... how DARE you make any money from what you can do? ;) Now you have an idea what it's like everytime I suggest buying reference photos from me and get hit with just that very same shyt! ;) ::)

John.

3. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

LOL @ John!! I have NEVER gave you crap about your reference, I wish I could afford more!! :)

4. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

I voted yes I would buy a DVD. That said, I never understood why people get so pi$$ed when they are expected to pay for what someone else has worked their a$$ off to perfect. Usually the asking price is a fraction of what it would cost to fumble around and try to figure it out on your own. I have been doing this long enough to pay the bills with it but no where near as long as some of these folks I admire. I have to openly admit, if I would not have been able to use the many many resources available in today's taxidermy market such as books,videos,reference ect and tips and tricks I picked up along the way I doubt I would have ever made it a successful career. I have always expected to pay for and have been happy to pay for the progress of my lively hood. I for one thank the people like John, George, Michael, Yox and the countless others. I hope you all get paid for your brilliance and make no apologies. Sorry for venting but man I needed that.

5. hawghollow

hawghollow gator- ny show 2010

i would just stick with the classes hes been doing that way its not such a commonly seen trend. but i would still buy one.

6. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

I would like to see you put out that DVD. I would buy it for sure.

7. I don't have a problem with someone making money off something they have learned! A matter of fact my wife and I are going to Michael P class in May! I don't know any taxidermist who don't need some money ! I have went to several different classes and paid for them thats what helps me get better and better and make more money! Rob

8. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    No, no, no, Michael ... I never said you. It's just a general statement about what gets thrown this way whenever I do. I never got that garbage from you ... and thank you for not tossing any. ;) I do think that for the time factor involved, a tutorial might suite this better than the DVD investment in time, production, and whatnot. Unless you are really long winded! ;) ;D Just something to consider. Then those who still want to come to your class and see and experience it first-hand can do so as an enhancement to what they see in the tutorial! ;)

John.

9. deerhunt1985

deerhunt1985 Only dead fish go with the flow

i think the name would be the least on my mind, id pay it, hell it would pay for itself in one application.

just think so far: 54x40.00+2160.00 SO FAR. wish i had something like that goin for me

10. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Is it true the most common back MP does is PLAID?

11. Don Houser

Don Houser Don's Taxidermy Studio

I don't have a problem paying either way, DVD or class. My problem for the class is commitments for this year. If Michael would offer another round of classes next year I would definitely attend.

12. deerhunt1985

deerhunt1985 Only dead fish go with the flow

its what i heard ???

13. choo choo charlie

choo choo charlie I feel pretty good for the way I feel

I say go for it MP!
    any dollar spent educating your self is money well spent!

14. Cameraman

Cameraman Member

if you do another in the summer i would like to come to it.

15. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Mike, maybe we should tie one of your classes into my Yoxathon week in July???

16. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

As long as it doesn't take away from your class!

17. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

If theres interest, we will figure it out and do it. In LaGrange. Hey, maybe Dusty and the gang might stop by? ZZZZZZZZZZ

18. sean997

sean997 Member

Bring up to KC! Im interested! ;D

19. cooper669

cooper669 New Member

Might as well bring a video camera

20. We would go for KC !!!!!