1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Steve Rotramels Tanning Drum

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by Daniel*73, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Daniel*73

Daniel*73 PETA...People Eating Tasty Animals

Have any of you heard of the new tanning drum put out by Steve? It is advertised in Taxidermy Today and there was also an article. I bought one and it is wonderfull. It is all Steve said it was and more. I am very pleased with it. This is my first experience tanning as I always sent stuff out. There is much more to it than I had thought but Steve also talks to me regularily when I have questions and has spent countless hours with me on the phone. That is WAY above and beyond what any other manufacturer would do. I just wanted to let you all know if any of you are looking for a drum or thinking about steves that I highly recomend his drum. Happy tanning to all.

2. Rhino

Rhino Too many irons in the fire will put the fire out!

I think that this New drum of Steve's, is probablly the BEST thing to be made available to the home tanner, since the shaving machine!

A GOOD, common sence, no gimmick, valuable piece of equiptment, that any home tanner should'nt be without! Steve has hit a HOMERUN with this product, and should be proud of it!

No matter what method you tan or pickle with, you cant go wrong with this product.

You will get a faster rehydration, better and faster pickle penetration(which will make for less shaving damages), and a good complete tannage.

The only problem I can see with this product, is Steve being able to keep up with its demand, once the word gets out.LOL

Have a good one!

3. gunner62

gunner62 Gunners Buckhorn Taxidermy

W.I.
    I would like to find out more about Steves tanning Machine any body know how???

4. Daniel*73

Daniel*73 PETA...People Eating Tasty Animals

To all who may be interested here is Steves # 1-877-345-6307 You wont regret calling him I just feel bad for Steve...Me just throwing out his number like this he is always so busy anyhow...Sorry Steve...lol. I think old Shaver is right and Steve is going to be super busy trying to keep up with demand.

5. Joe Winsor

Joe Winsor Active Member

Steve, is this drum advertised or information somewhere on the internet?

6. From our point of view this makes alot more sense than some of the other products being sold to the home tanners.

7. WBB793

WBB793 New Member

This sounds like just a drum?? You could use a drum that is water tight for alot of operations in one. I would like to see a picture..

8. ET-Taxidermy

ET-Taxidermy New Member

I have to add to this. I was just out shaving some hides (by hand) that just came out of the Taxidermy Drum by Steve. That thing is the Very Best on the market, PERIOD. I am a new taxidermist, when I went to school for deer and mammals we used the Auto tanner(Steves also) and when I went to a different school for birds I got to see the the Wenger cause they had one. For the last 4 months I have been doing the "Salt, Pickle, and JRT thing(I am so done with that). Steves Taxidermy Drum is hands down the easiest to use and you don't need a wrench to open it. The tanning powder and oil mixture he has come up with now, I feel makes my shaving by hand easier than the others. By hand doing things you can tell differences. And you can use it as a tumbler. That is a big plus for me because I do not have room for both. Plus I do a couple of hides at a time and pull one out mount it, the next day pull one mount it, they can stay in the solution for a couple of days. That eliminates alot of freeze thaw time for me, do to the fact I'm just starting part time.
    I could go on and on. The fact is, if you could use a tanner, the Taxidermy Drum is the best at a reasonable price compared to the other options.
    Bob

9. Steve Rotramel

Steve Rotramel We got some radical rebels in this county!

This is an old post but I do appreciate all the kind words.

This has been a very difficult year for us on many fronts. Health problems, marital problems, and business issues all seemed to come down at once. Whereas i used to live with my big family in our house in Illinois, I now live with only my 15 year old daughter in our new place in Omaha. Through it all God has been faithful to carry us when we weren't able to do much of anything.

Some have wanted to order a taxidermy drum and I have been putting you off. I am back in a standing position and ready to go back to work on them. So if you have wanted to add this very valuable piece of equipment to your shop, please give me call at 618-771-1046, or send me a pm and we'll get it going your way.

Again, thanks for all the kind words and thanks for your support.

Attached Files:

10. irishme

irishme New Member

mark ;)

11. Steve Rotramel

Steve Rotramel We got some radical rebels in this county!

My last post on this thread was just about 2 years ago. Ha ha at the time I was sure nothing worse could go wrong. Famous last words!

Wah wah wah right?

So anyway I know there is one guy out there that I owe money to and I can't for the life of me remember who it is. But I am sure you (whoever you are) know so please PM me and we'll get that straightened out.

My health is back and good. Thank God! Please pray for my ex-wife who is now dealing with breast cancer.

To all my friends on here who called and expressed your love and concern I am deeply humbled and grateful. God is good and has carried me through.