1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Busted! Antler and Horn Repair,Updated

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Jim B, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Looks like you are getting the hang of these types of repair.

Great work.

2. bigwolfron

bigwolfron New Member

your work is awsome. how do you price the repair work? by the inch or by the hr.i have several white tail racks to repair,some with a few chiped tines , one with four tines missing.the sculpting of the tines arent bad but the blending of the rack has been hard to match like yours. any help with colors i should have on hand.im in michigan and most of the racks are really light .the repaired part seems to always looks to dark. any help

3. Jim B

Jim B Active Member

bigwolf,I do a little of both.In the long run,you just have to determine how long certain jobs will take you and how much you need to make.If you are having trouble matching the color,you may have to go back and read more thoroughly.I can't think of a single thing I left out.With the acrylics,if it is too dark,you used too much paint or didn't thin it enough with water.If you do get it too dark,you have several minutes at least,to remove some.I've tried to stress,over and over,if it doesn't look quite right-change it!The rest of the rack is all the reference you need.

4. gnatboy911

gnatboy911 Member

Just wanted to say thanks to Jim for this tutorial. It is really going to help me out.